Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking back, who would have started later?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by woc, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Looking back at highschool and for some even college, who would have started smoking weed later once you got settled in? I know in highschool I only smoked like 3-4 times a week until I got my job. I still managed good grades and a good ACT score with many colleges mailing me applications, but some couldnt handle it at that young of an age. My one friend started smoking in 7th grade and he let it take over him. It sucks because he introduced me to toking =/. By freshman year he was smoking 3 times a day everyday if not more. He failed all of his classes and showed up to his parent conference baked, earning him a expulsion. He was stealing ipods to pawn them and was high 24/7, which I dont think is healthy at such a young age. IDK his parents eventually sent him to rehab and a boys home where he got kicked out, havnt talked to him for a while now.
    PS Im not saying weed turned him like this, he was a bad kid already, but I dont feel like he was mature enough for mary.

So the final question to you is looking back, would you have started smoking differently?

2. I wouldn't have started later. When I started toking in my junior year of high school, I began to see improvement in my grades, and I was becoming more motivated. When I go to work high, I work harder. I also wouldn't know many of the people I know now if I didn't start smoking.

3. I would have started earlier, if anything. I didn't start smoking until after high school.

High school would have been more fun if I was stoned

4. It all depends how weed effects you. I personally wouldn't have started later. I could have have made a lot worse decisions than picking up the bong in highschool.

5. Nope, I started at the age of 16. It's a pretty normal time.

My grades improved and my quality of life got even better.
    It was hard to explain to the parents, and they didn't take it well. They thought it was too early and that I should be 18. It is what it is.

I think part of why your friend who got you into toking got out of control was because of the crowds he hangs with. My dealer and his buds are a lot of fun. They started in middle school. They drink, smoke cigs and weed, shrooms, rolling, parties, bitches. I'm pretty down with my dealer and all of his buddies, but my closest friends don't toke.

A lot of high school is figuring out who you are. A lot of who you are is influenced by who you hang with.

6. I would have started earlier, wouldn't have nearly as much problems.

7. Man it trips me out seeing threads like this, as I tend to be the 'trip out' factor since I didn't start until well after high school. I went to a private school where boys and girls dancing together meant sexual relations and a cigarette at school was like sharing hero-(unmentionables but you get the point) with children.
    I went to college, dropped out of college and stopped talking to all my friends because I was hooked on warcraft (ironically more addicting than any 'addicting' thing I've ever tried). Anyways it wasn't until after I got a job I was introduced to marijuana (at my job, lol). I was then mentored into the art and pretty much have become the most educated person on the subject within my social circle.
    So in my case, I was the one that started later, and it was probably better that way.

8. Funny you mention Warcraft because WoW had a much stronger negative effect on my social life, work ethic, and grades than marijuana during highschool.

9. Started just at the right time. At 17 averaged a 3.1 gpa got my first job at 17 and serious relationship at 17. 17 was a big year

10. i just wish i'd never smoked that first cigarette

11. The 3 big ones, weed, job, and a girl. (Guy for some).

Same with me but for chew man. Finally quit but it was hard.

12. All depends on what kind of person you are to be honest. Prioritize and get your shit done. I smoke every day and keep my gpa at a solid 4.7 as well as all of my other commitments getting done