Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking at pot Under a Microscope...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Blazed Italian, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Just got out of biology lab at 9:30pm. That makes me want to look at pot under a microscope. I have a fairly nice one from when I was younger. I am also high.

Of course i can't get the specimen thin enough for light to pass through. I also feel the microscope is too powerful. I want to see the THC crystals. Anyways I look and can slightly see the rim of the specimen on the slide. I can't even make out cell walls or chloroplasts. So i gave up im tired. Anyone else try this? I think just a magnifying lens would be sufficient to see THC but i cannot find one. Anyone see the cells under a microscope? Any differences from typical plant cells?

I am going to try and clean my microscope and also get the piece of small pot sliced in half, or maybe a wet mount will allow light through, i'll try when i get a chance.

2. That sounds awesome man. I clicked this thread hoping you had pictures haha. Just got done with a kind of mini tolerance break so I am pretty baked too.

3. Actually no, but I have a 5,000 dollar microscope in my closet right now and about a gram of weed... I'm thinkin about it, but I know if I go through the effort of taking out my weed I'm gonna end up smoking again :(

4. Hold yourself back man...do it for GC!
    Haha, I want to see what THC will look like under a $5k telescope. Post some pics bro.

5. REALLY interesting pics.. +rep, too, for takin some time to find those pics.

to the OP: i would think that weed has cells just like any other plant.. i mean yeah, its a unique plant :smoking: but its STILL just a plant lol..

so blazed.. peace GC

6. nice pics man
    i wish i had one of those microscopes

7. The best way to do it would probably be using kief or a little bit of shake. I've looked at kief with a really cheap microscope and it looked amazing.

8. those pics were cool. if i was gonna use a microscope id take some kif crystals and toss those on the slide, u wont be able to see through the plant matter of weed very well at all.

9. i was lookin forward to the pics too :smoke:

uuuh defnitly googling that now :) *nods*

10. Compound microscopes are generally used for specimens on a slide, where light can pass through. If you can get your hands on a decent stereo microscope, you can get a nice look at a whole nug. Granted, the magnification won't be as high, but stereo scopes are better for viewing solid objects.

11. I had that intel micro scope for the computer but i cant't fucking find it. That is also a stereo scope.

12. Nice super close-up picks man.If you want to look at bud up close but dont have 5 g's to spend get a pocket microscope from radio shack.They are like ten bucks and have 60x to 100x magnification.Not nere as powerful as Sacreds of course but you can still see the trichs pretty good.

13. I <3 Trichomes. :D

14. By "busted trich" do you mean the bud has been ground up? Or it just isn't as good as the amber trich?

15. it means that the little sack on top of the stalk has burst open.
    compare the two pics and you should get what i mean.