Looking at mushroom growing kits

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by thejesterjester, Jul 26, 2009.

1. #1 thejesterjester, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    Ok guys so I finally decided that I'm gonna grow mushrooms once I get the money to order it with. I'm looking for growing kits online, any suggestion. I don't know if we can post links here so if not then just pm me a good growing kit.
    thanks

Edit: Also, how the hell do I get spores and syringes if I'm in CA and there illegal?

anyone question, whats the easiest type of shroom to grow?

2. your best bet is probly going to shroomery.org
    they should have guides

3. but wouldnt a grow kit be easier?

4. #4 hooterjh101, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  5. this

oh, and NOONE is gonna send you spores in any state where it is illegal,
    no reputable sites anyway
    and if you get one from an unreputable site, you prolly wont get your shit

your best bet would be to get it mailed to a friend that lives out of state, and have him/her mail it to you

6. DO not buy kits. It is much better and cheaper if you buy the materials seperate.

go to the message boards on shroomery and then go to the mushroom cultivation section and read the stickies.

For personal yields I like PF tek.

7. alright thanks for help guys
    im gonna go check out shroomery right now

8. DO NOT under any circumstances pay for one of those kits unless your a complete moron with the IQ of a 3rd grader... You can buy all the stuff you need for much much cheaper than what they charge for those kits...

Basically you need

• Organic brown rice flour
    • Vermiculite
    • Tin foil
    • Water
    • Blank syringes and spore print
    • 1/2 pint tapered jars or 2 quart tapered jars
    • Pressure cooker that goes to 12 psi or large pot with tight sealing lid
    • An stove
    • Perlite (if you want to go with perlite humidification)
    • A plastic container that seals, such as a rubbermaid bin
    • Lysol alcohol disinfectant spray
    • Rubbing alcohol
    • A lighter or other flame source
    • Mixing bowls and spoons with measuring cups

After you have all this, look for a guide, such as the Pf tek on Shroomery.

Heres the Pf tek: Shroomery - PF Tek

Cut out the damn middlemen and don't buy those kits for god sake, save yourself some money and buy an eight of some super dank

Good luck and god speed
    :smoking:

9. Thats really expensive and it wont even work good. Buy a 4 tier greenhouse on ebay and a vicks v400

10. how come spore kits are bad? i was thinking about getting one, can someone elaborate. like are they ridiculously expensive or something?

11. ridiculously expensive compared to the small amount of research that would need to be done on shroomery.org

12. [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674]Mushroom Growing Made Easy[/ame]

You have to be a dumbass to mess up after watching that video ^^^

13. Cool video! Wish I would have had that a few years ago when I was learning this kind of shit

14. quoted for the truth!

15. This is probably the unpopular response but I gotta say that there are legitimate reasons to getting a kit. Like if you don't have a pressure cooker and not good at sterilizing. If you need to be stealther and can afford to explain why your boiling jars of flour. While just following one of the teks is ultimatly cheaper and gives more flexability in yield it doesn't make someone an idiot for using one esp. A first time grower.

To answer the OP search the internet you can get a allin one kit that requires no work for about 125-150 dollars. Theres an internet book company that even sells one where the spores come in the growbag and you just pull a tab to realease them into the medium. With any of those thing YMMV though.

Disclaimer: Used a kit once and it worked after that I just did it myself.