looking 2 grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by swollenblunts, Apr 26, 2010.

1. alright ive been reading and really want to start my firstgrow..about 4 - 5 plants with 400w hps in the closet.im surfing high tech garden supply.. what kind of fert and soil to get.. im a complete noob also i will be purchasing seeds from the seed bank.. any1 tell me what kind of fert and soil to get also any other thing i should pick up. what do i need 2 get started

2. Get some good organic soil, no added ferts.

Read as much as you can before you get started, the sticky topics in these forums are pretty good. :)

400w hps in a closet is exactly how I flower my girls, hps lights get very hot, have you thought about your ventilation in the closet and how you will keep temps stable? :smoking:

3. most def.. i was thinking of opening the closet and having a fan to circulate the air. i was plan on using the closet in m bedroom. what do u think??

4. Will you be able to have the light glaring out of there with the door open without it drawing attention to itself? What I'm getting at is, if I left the door to my closet open with high intensity light and strong smelling bud coming out, i would be busted pretty quickly. Just throwing that out there. ;):smoking: The alternative is to keep the door closed but have an intake and exhaust for air flow. :)

5. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you,
    I wouldn't call ourselves "noobs" I hate that word.
    Anyways, I'm taking notes right now

Fox Farm Ocean Forest I've heard it is good.
    No nutes, and keeps moisture in the soil for a good amount of time.
    Organic choice people arn't overly whelmed about but it does the job ;)

What strain are you going to be growing man?

6. im not a soil grower, but will you have any venting?

maybe look into a tent for inside the closet :)

Evil :smoke:

7. I plan on getting about 4 single feminized.. Imma get, white russian and white window 4 sure. the other two seeds im undecided on.. also this is the closet i plan to use... I have a hole that leads to an attic i guess. i live in a townhouse and the other side been empty since i moved here. im guessing i could use it for ventalation

Attached Files: