Lookin for some Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hightime58, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I'm three weeks into flowering and I was wondering if I could trim away some of the lower branches to tranfer some of the energy to the top of the plant so the buds can grow bigger?? I've seen alot of pic of plants where the bottom of the plant is bare up to about half way some of them on this site.It's a AK-47 and its starting to bud but like everbody else I want to get the most out of the plant, can some of you more sofiticated growers answer my question or tell me what I need to do I'd appreciate it.:confused:

2. it probably inst the best idea. ive heard alot of people saying not to trim/top and such when in flower.

just use some supplemental lighting for the lower brnches and you should be fine

3. ^^^ I second that advice. The plant uses those big fan leafs to produce energy, take those away and you take away the plants energy for bud production.

It will sooner or later start to loose those leaves later on in flowering, just let the plant do its thing.

4. Many, many growers strip off the lower growth which is too far from the light to produce any energy. Many growers have a lot of fear when it comes to defoliation. Many do not. You should try what makes sense to you and see how it works out.

Removing the lower leaf mass will increase circulation around the planters and reduce the humidity beneath the canopy. With mold being the killer it is, if your environmentals are a bit out of whak then removing those leaves can save your crop.

A time and place for everything. You're not going to kill your plants, but you should have stripped them a little earlier, maybe 2 weeks ago.

5. Thanks again all you fellow growers for the info, and your right should of done it a few weeks ago but because it looked so good I just left it alone, but I'll try it on my second grow:wave: