lookin for help

Discussion in 'General' started by br0k3nl0v3r, Dec 8, 2012.

1. My name is Candy and I have come here for a bit of help.

Today I smoked up with my producer, everything was fine.
    I emptied the bowl, packed another.
    All of a sudden, there was this bitter sweet taste in there, disgusting.
    Almost like a seed taste.
    Well, I emptied the bowl out and put new stuff in.
    Tried again, same thing.
    Then, I took my bowl all a part, scraped it.
    Burned the res of the screen.
    Tried again.
    STILL THERE.

I left it alone and came back a few hours later.
    STILL THERE.

I have a metal bowl.
    Stainless steel I am assuming.
    I've had it for 2 years now
    The only cleaning that has ever been done to it is scraping, screen burning, and replace broke screens.
    It's never been boiled or washed with ANYTHING.

I've read about boiling it in water, but my fear is it may rust.
    the way the bowl is designed, the long part you hold on to is just a piece of metal with screw threads on it it screw on the mouth piece and bowl piece.
    The mouth piece end has some rust on it (not the mouth piece itself, but the threads on the long part of the bowl on that end are rusted slightly.)
    Also, I read that the res sticks to the pot your using, and I don't have a pot to ruin.

I am also too impatient to let it soak for 8+ hours in alcohol...because it's the only piece I have.
    Help =[

2. lol you don't need to soak it for 8 hours...

put some iso alc and salt in a ziploc bag, shake it around for a few mins then just let it sit for a little while....you'll see the res start to break away from the pipe..

smoke a joint in the mean time :smoke:

also, I would look into investing in a glass pipe, you will likely see an improvement in the taste overall

3. ghostonvacation nailed it, do what he says. I've never had a metal pipe, but to me glass pipes are the way to go really; easy to clean, great taste, yada yada. Only drawback is that when you drop them... well... :cry: ... you know.

4. alcohol and salt in the ziploc bag for a few hours did the trick!
    thank you all so much =]

5. I am sure this goes without saying, but make sure you give it a thorough rinse after :D:D