Lookin for a new digi cam, suggestions???

Discussion in 'General' started by McTwist, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Since Christmas is comin around I figured I'd ask my parents for a new digi cam. I have a Nikon Coolpix 2100 right now. It's ok but it uses AA batteries like crazy. Since I don't know shit about cameras I thought I would ask you guys

Price range around $200 - $230 and around 3 - 4 megapixels with a few nice features. (Mines only 2 megapixel)

Any suggestions?

2. i got the sony cybershot...5 megapixles and alright zoom but i like it a lot when comparing it to others'. i think it cost about 200
    enjoy your camera when you get it
    peace

3. My best advice is to get a camera made by a camera company, not an electronics company. The best digi's I've used were made by Canon or Nikon. I have a Canon Powershot A75 (3.2 megapixel) and I take better pics than my friend who has a Hewlett Packard 7 point something MP. Get a camera that has a lens that you can see move when you zoom. I don't even use the digital zoom on mine.

Overall, look for something that has the option to do everything manually. You don't always have to do it, but learning how is fun and can be really handy when you can't quite get the autofocus to come out the way you want.

4. Anything made by canon is usually a good bet. I've used many of their video cameras and they make great images. Canon's lenses are all top quality. Get one of those powershots. They're tiny so you can take it with you wherever.

5. id say get a pentax optio wp .. its the sickest camera ... it is 5 mp and takes underwater pix ... like ill agree the zoom and all that arent VERY great .. but comeon waterproof camera thats soo cool .. i love that camera but yeahh