Lookin at the moon

Discussion in 'General' started by Sattelight897, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I live in Texas and i looked at the monn tonight and there is a giant ring around it. wondering if anyone else saw it some in some other area.

2. It's called a halo. I see them ocasionally. They are awesome. I've seen some that are right around it, and I've seen one that was like 25 degrees from the moon.

3. oh i've never seen one before. do you know what causes them?

4. Honestly. it's probably aliens. There is a moon base on the moon.

5. I thought they put the Moon Base on Mars, to confuse us.

6. Refraction of ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. Apparently they are 22 degrees. I guess I was close with that 25 deg guess.

7. Actually it's very widely believed that the moon is an actual base/mothership because it should not naturally be in our orbit. The first astronauts have come out and said they say UFOs and were approached by beings which is why we've never been back.

Mars is a fun one too. :D:D:D:D:D

8. Oooh please do source your claims. I'd love to disagree!

9. Those are pretty damn academic. They're professionals in their field. If you dismiss evidence like that, may as well check yourself into a hotel.

10. Will you pay for my expenses at the mini bar?

11. wait... what's this about hotels?

12. I'd rather howl at the moon :D

13. I love light from the moon. It always makes a really great night lighting source when it's out in full force. Since you can get shadows at night. So crisp and white.

14. Folklore has it that the ring around the moon means there is trouble to come. We were camping one time and saw a huge one and found out later that we had invaded Iraqi that next day. That was just one specific one that I remember sticking out to me.

15. That's an odd coincidence. But that's all it is, just a weather condition.