Look what I found today!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ride-KAWASAKI-, Apr 27, 2010.

1. #1 ride-KAWASAKI-, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    I was in my house and heard noises in my backyard, went out and looked by the water drainage pipe and this little dude was all by himself laying there peeping away. Looks like a turtle got ahold of his foot, it was pretty damaged. I was gonna just leave him (survival of the fittest blah blah), but he looked so helpless and alone and was cryin for help :(

Its a mallard, not sure if its a male or female. I went ahead and checked him out and bandaged his foot up and medicated it. I went to the store and bought him some worms and he gobbled 'em up. Theres a community pond in my neighborhood, pretty sure thats where he came from, ill put him back as soon as his leg heals :hello:

Good thing im a pre vet student haha :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Before I read that last line I was going to say u should bring him to the vet. U still probably should acually, just to make sure he's allright

3. that's dinner bro

4. dam son, now this is legit.
    +rep

5. Haha man thats the good thing to do! Nice :)

6. i worked at a vets office for 3 years,

unless im willing to pay a couple hundred bucks in medical bills, they would euthanize typically :(

unless i took him to like a wildlife refuge place

but im pretty confident his leg will heal, its just some ligament damage im pretty sure

7. make him a guard duck and keep him

8. Good to see you know what you're doing, my mom is a Cat II wildlife rehabber and so I've seen plenty of animals that people have tried to save but end up doing more harm to.

9. Very cool! what exactly does Cat II mean?

10. O well he's lucky u found him then. That's good that he's going to be ok

11. Good job man one time we had about 4 baby owls end up in our yard their mom was killed by a bunch of crows. We built em a box and in a few weeks they found their own way out. They were pretty cool pets.

12. blaze him out before you let him free. it's the right thing to do.

13. lmao.

maybe that'd be some pain relief? I dunno I feel bad. The lil guy is probably confused as hell wondering why hes in some random ass house in a bathtub with a bunch of blankets

i wouldnt wanna confuse him or fck with his mind anymore than i have already lol:rolleyes:

14. That's awesome!

I hope he gets better.

If not, he looks pretty tasty...

15. id keep it, be cool to have a pet duck. either way good job!

16. Stoner to the rescue for a cute animal. How typical. :p Good work!

17. AWWWWWWW that lil guys hella cute. Name him marcus

18. That picture definitely belongs in the cuteness over load thread:wave:

I would keep it as well.

19. DUDE I Just bought 2 fuckin baby ducks too XD
    One of them already died cause he was so small though..but one is all fat now lol

Awesome find tho, glad someone else has one..they shit every where though
    But they're adorable when they flap their little wings xD makes me crack up every time
    Mine's a blue runner though :]

gratz!:hello: