Look What I Found Today.

Discussion in 'General' started by rollitup420, May 13, 2007.

1. i pick my own too gotta love cow fields

2. where do u guys pick shrooms at???i got cows all around here...

3. Neat-o, enjoy!

4. Depends on your area. They are in season all over this time of year though. Go out to some pasturs where cows graze and just look around and they should be growing on top of their dung. But MAKE SURE you ID it as active before trying to eat it. If you don't it could lead to serious ilness and in extreme cases death. BE CAREFUL

check shroomery for all the info youll ever need on magic mushrooms and picking
    http://www.shroomery.org/

5. so if they are growing outa cow shit,does that mean they arent poisinous and they are magic shrooms???

6. no you can get bad ones that are growing out of cow shit

the ones we got in FLA have a lil ring on the upper part of the stem right under the cap and when you look on the top part of the ring and its purple your good

and after you pick'em the damaged part of the stem and cap start to turn purple and blue

but im in FLA so i dont know about other areas

IMO you need somebody out in the feild with you the first time so just ask your friends if they know anybody who knows about pickin wild shrooms

and alot of fields have salt blocks that kill the good shrooms so you gotta find good feilds too

7. if i pick some and show u guys on here could u tell if they are fake?im not plannin on doin it for a while and none of my friends know about pickin shrooms..

8. nice shroom man. my towns been shroom dry for a couple months so does anyone know where to look in southern ontario for some good shrooms? I'll do my homework and try to find some info but i wanted to hear about some good places and whatnot? i want to get some answers from experienced pickers (I do not know any personally) any help is appreciated. thanks all

9. If you pick em. Ill do my best to ID them. If they are cubes like the ones around where I live it will be easy for me to ID them. Anything else and ill have to do some research. But ill give it a try.

10. You need pastures with cattle. Ontario isnt really prime climate right now for shrooms but i know of a few places on the way upto Wasaga beach from Toronto area where there are pastures that may have potential. Pretty much anywhere were there are cows is worth a shot. Also check out online which types of shrooms grow in your area and what they look like so that you can easily ID them. Some may grow naturally without cows. Im not too familiar with the types of shrooms in Ontario but there should be at least a few.

11. and the day after or the day that it rained is perfect to go looking cuz the cow shit needs to get moist then sit in the sun

12. fosho, id say 1-2 days after a good rain is prime time to go hunting. defiantly worth it and better than paying some of the prices out there for shrooms. If you don't have your own farmland with cows you can usually sneak onto some without anyone noticing but be careful as it is considered trespassing and if you are picking shrooms and the cops find you, possibly a possession charge as well.

13. thanks for the tips man, yeah im gonna wait for a big rain then start checkin fields. odds are i wont find much until like may 24 when its somewhat warmer.