Look at this shit.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Solid State Society, Dec 24, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

fucking BEAUTIFUL. Not mine of course, but I thought I would share this awesome photograph. It's from this dudes deviantart. lowapproach on deviantART

2. That guy is a bitchin' photographer!

3. Isnt this an HDR shot or am I mistaken

4. the tree to the left looks like one from socotra island.

5. maybe that IS socotra island...:p

6. #6 fatkat, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
    That is most def a high dynamic range photo. Regular pictures cannot look like that.

One could of course take like 5 exposures with different settings and spoof an HDR photo in photoshop but this one's too perfect to not be done by a machine thus it is an HDR.

HDR photos almost always look magnificent. EXAMPLE OF DIFFERENCE:
    [​IMG]

Just for demo purposes I did a 3 minute photoshop spoof HDR of the above example. It comes close but the difference is still obvious. :
    [​IMG]

7. Yeah I tried messing around with HDR images in CS3 when I had it, but I never could get it to look like these it got frustrating.

8. I actually prefer non-HDR images.

It's kind of ironic because photographers usually try to make a scene more realistic by increasing the dynamic range of their images, but in effect actually make the final product look even less believable to the eye. It just looks too much like CGI to me...

Ansel Adams was the true master of HDR . . .