Look at this!! [PICS] 8ft fluorescent lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011.

1. #1 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    I have a 8ft fluorescent light in my garage workarea, i just saw it and figured it would be perfect. Sayin it straight, I have no clue what lumen output it throws out, but the area just standing 6ft below get decently hot (12x20x15 kind like a farm barn) . maybe even 100k+, but im wondering is this a safe distance for my babies to grow while im gone on the weekend?

Going to flush thoroughly before i head camping (ironic :p) to be one with the trees...and my budwieser.

Think this will be ok? Plants are 2inchs -3inches, with around 7 growing leaf nodes some just beginning to sprout.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. thats a huge light man... i dont see why it wouldnt work but i wouldnt recommend that alot of unneeded light buy a t5, for 60$ and it will be alot better keep it 4 inches away and you will be fine...

3. i was gonna say dam that piktchur linked biiiiiiggg :D

Yeah i was gonna buy a 400w hps+mh kit but nawwhhh, haha i hope this one works.

It's alot of unneeded light, but im on a farm we already run a large hydro/gas..

4. Oh then your alright man, your babys will love that light post some pics of your babys i would love to see them any idea what strain? or you just puttin some seeds you found to work?

5. #5 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    Im close wif my deala, shit sure helps when he started cloning, i got two 2 clones.

These are 2 months old believe dat shit or not:eek:

im nuturing them back to health after 4 transplants, and several bug attacks, nute/burn.

I call it a learning curve rofl.

I'm excited to see how they grow, i completely forgot about this gem :D

edit will do dog, im gonna go out in a bit and snap a few.

6. Awsome man i really wish i had the oppurtunity to grow on a farm id be exploding with 30-45 plants! im stuck with one 600w hps ): but soon ill be doing 15 plants sog

7. Haha yah i guess it's pretty cool , just gotta watch for the varmints in the sky..

I'm not used to it , cause this is my first grow though :D

my friend told me that, but it's my first grow so i can't help but be very excited :)

Hope to see growth tmrw morning, these were outside for normal hours maybe 9 hours light a day so it's gonna be sweet to see the growth.

I might add a fan for ventiliation, a ghetto room fan rofl.

and oh ya the pic, jeez i forgot again wow, im gonna go blaze and i'll snap one and throw it up :)

8. Alright man, yeah you def need a fan on the babys they will love it...

9. #9 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    Alright like i said, the clones had mass abuse when i got em and i've nursed em back

ignore the white shit from previous spraying coating it. I mean, looking at it myself it's preetty custy. Not a thing i can do till they outgrow the leaves, also couple new leaf nodes poppin,8D

I'm in the process for building my fan setup actually, I just set up a ceiling levy system to get it hanging like a fixture in place(climing the ladder in that rusty shack was fun:cool:).

All in all looks fine, def think she could benefit from nutes, of which i has none. x(

Still Hoping this light does the trick for me yaknow! 24/0 veg should do wonders with my ladies glucose prod.
    Better stick around, if shes anything like the wife :D

Attached Files:

10. #10 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    Guys for ^^, in the 4th or 5th pictcha, you can see theres a little bit of brown developing, what is that ? I really want to catch it before it happens, its like pinprick brown/black dots and i have seen jumping spidermites, ive seen soil mites, but never actually blackdot-living-under-the-leaf spidermites., i have some fungacide/insecticide i could spray them with?

BTW im having to look @ the shit green earth company has done to my plants, and its pissing me off. I wish i didn't make that purchase...damn white chit. (looks like salts or some other additive they threw in)

11. mhm..... id say it could be calcium defenicy same thing is happening to my plants just bought cal-mag are the small little brown spots?

12. #12 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    okay thanks, i guess ill have to shell some more money out on this..ughh lol.

I definately need to buy distilled water...though a friend said that where i live in canada the ppm is so small its okay for pot plants to thrive without having to wait for the chlorine to evaporate out.

I've been using tap water, and leaving it outside to bake in the sun for temp and for evaporate of chemicals.

13. I just have a water cleaner then put it in a tub and let it distill for 24 hours then ph it down for the right ph level..

14. #14 Rippedmofuck, Jul 9, 2011
    i dont have any of that type of ph testing gear. I was thinking of it hopefully being okay for a while without nutes, maybe 2 weeks or a month, then hopefully i'll be able to buy the pH meter as well.

This light source though definately lightens the load on my cash expenditure priorities.

Madd strapped on paper. ;)

15. I understand your on a balance... but you should really get that stuff now a 4$ ph tester from walmart or any kind of pool place... will help you so much with your grow that could also be another reason why your plants are on a turn for the worst stableize your ph and better things will come.

16. I see them 8 foot lights all the time at work. Always think that they would be to big for a grow room. But it looks like I have been proved wrong.

17. I hope so bud, i don't kno nuthinn bout rether they gonna work smoothly, dey is cool white light fluorescent.