Look at the pictures and give opinions please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lenix, Mar 15, 2010.

1. #1 lenix, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    Hello,

This is my first grow and I want to know if these are looking fine..

They are exactly 3 weeks old since I planted them in the pots ( after I germinated them which took around 4 days or so )

Plant 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    click for larger pics

Plant 2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    click for larger pics

Plant 2 is potted in a 3 gallon pot... Plant 1 is in a smaller pot ( can see in pics ).

I'm not sure why plant 2 is faster than plant 1, could it be because of the bigger pot?
    (Eventhough Plant 1 looks healthier than plant 2 for me)

Please say what you think about the plants, would like to hear some serious feedback as I really want them to succeed :)

Thanks in advance

2. looks over watered to me

3. Definitely overwatered, what kind of lights are you using? soil, nutes, etc? they look a little behind mine under a 400 W MH.

4. Thanks for the comments, I think I overwatered plant #2 once but now I'm doing better at waterings.

Light is a Philips CFL 60W
    http://i45.tinypic.com/24ytut4.png

Soil, due to limited access I have is some random potting soil.. but it's supposed to be good for growing tomatoes ( I asked for that ) and doesn't have any time-release ferts. ( I also mixed it with perlite )

Nutes, I still didn't use any and I won't be until they're old enough.

Thanks again :D

5. Bump, this thread went to page 3 in no time. :<

6. Definitely looks overwatered. Are you using room temperature water? Make sure the soil isn't too compacted either.

I'd put them on a 24/0 cycle, and build a small box with reflective siding (mylar, tin foil, etc.).

7. I backed on the watering a bit, beginners mistake.
    Yes room temp water.

Mylar is there but Its not shown where I took the pictures.

And yes they're on a 24/0 cycle with a 60 watt CFL atm ( picture in above post ).

Will add more lights later..

8. I forgot to mention that the two times I've grown using CFLs I got much healthier plants by simply adding another CFL or two to the sides of the plant/box.

Have you started trying to LST yet?