Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Longterm use of indica cannabis to treat anxiety?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420Poak, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Has anyone successfully treated anxiety with indica cannabis on a long period of time without any issue?

2. Yes indeed. I have advocated and promoted the use of Indica whenever a person is going through anxiety and it's derivative cousins.

Pros: Your mind isn't racingly active and you can chill out; succesful highs; objective introspection without negative drawbacks.

Cons: Your mind goes into this blank constant pause which I call "airplane mode", and certain things might be harder to grasp; reaction time may be slow and tardy.

Hope everything goes well for you, let me know what unusual problems you face when smoking Indica.

3. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and have been smoking for a few years. Cannabis indica is perfect for controlling anxiety, it works great only thing is that you get pretty tired and I agree with the above post of "airplane mode", it almost feels like you are spectating or something its so fucking weird 

4. #4 Grow2dab., Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    I probably wouldn't get much done without it. I'm probably more "airplane mode" when I'm sober believe it or not.

5. Glad to see I'm not the only one

I've had a consistent source of indica cannabis recently and I noticed my anxiety went down a lot. Not that I have particularly intense anxiety but just like any human being I do experience anxiety in certain situations.

even a small dose seems to help for the entire day, even when I no longuer feel high.

I believe you. Sober I'm in so much pain, it's like i'm in a haze, like a "drug" of it's own.

7. Exactly, that's a good way too put it.

8. I have anxiety and panic and prefer Sativas. From what I understand, anxiety is a type of stress and Sativas are good at easing stress. I'm not blowing clouds of Durban Poison (landrace Sativa) but a good Diesel/Haze is nice.

9. I feel it has helped mine, but now if i dont have weed it is worse than before. 

10. It might not be worse it's just you can get use to feeling better so when the symptoms return they can feel allot worse then they did before. Lots of medication does that.