Longing For The Old Days?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by shrivels_back, Aug 6, 2014.

1. #1 shrivels_back, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    yeah i might as well just say it.  sometimes i long for the old days.  these days it takes me about 6 blunts to really get baked.  of course, not always were the old times better.  i think ive progressed abit since all the things happened wtih my parents and my girlfriend.  socalled girlfriend is more like it.  does anyone else feel nostalgia is kind of more important than the present sometimes?  actually, fuck that.

what im really getting at is, when i look back at the past (take gc for example.  when i first came here, it was obvious that people could speak about things in a very open fashion without someone trying to shoot their idea down).  it makes me wonder where things start to go wrong.  people always want to look back into the past to find some kind of thing that can be their rock when they move forward.  like, a good analogy would be when someone goes swimming in the ocean.  they wouldnt do it if they didn't have a rock to start from and then to end back at.  you migth say what about the people who swim across the whole ocean?  well, assuming they get past the sharks, they will be swimming toward another rock.  something firm that doesn't change.  the point im trying to say is, dont you think it's all downhill from here to some degree?

maybe im just getting older now.

edit: and is it just me or are titles getting auto-capitalized now?

2. You've been a member for a half hour.

3. I miss the ole old days 2008- 2009

4. #5 shrivels_back, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    you remember anyone by the name of PinkFlamingo, Zyland, or Sam_Spade?

not sure i remember you but it's like which subsections did you hanf out in?

6. word.  were you here before they split science and philosophy?

7. Since 07, yea I was a lurker more back then

8. I'm pretty new here so I wonder if these are my going to be my future "good ol' days". The first time I came across the city was back in 2010 but I didn't get become a member until late last year. 

9. i dont think its all downhill from here. 2012 was here a brief time ago, some things have changed, many things have not. why fret over someone taking offence at what you have to say?

10. The "good old days":

No seat belt laws.

Very few "gun control" laws.

You could drive around drunk with a cooler full of beer in the back seat and nobody cared, including the cops.

You didn't have to worry about getting pounded, maimed, or possibly killed by cops -- simply because they felt like it.

You could fix anything on a car or motorcycle without having a Master's Degree in electronics/computers.

Kids didn't have their faces buried in an electronic gadget 24 hours a day.

If you saw someone walking around talking to themselves you knew they were either senile or mentally disabled. Nowadays, it's usually someone talking on their phone.

You didn't have to guard your speech because nobody was walking around waiting to get offended.

However:

Technology has made a lot of things better.

11. I often miss tthe past. But I also.like experience, and experience requires future.

I'm glad my.past brought me here. I was close to ending up in a bad spot

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. These are the good old days.

Enjoy.