Longest you've gone without Internet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thessentials, Jul 23, 2011.

1. #1 Thessentials, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    When I use to visit my grandparents, I would visit them for about 3 weeks at a time at their house in Florida. Their house was great; nice neighborhood, swimming pool, big screen tv, shopping mall close by.

But...the one thing they didn't have was an internet connection. I didn't have a laptop back then and of course my grandparents didn't have a computer either.

I still had a blast but life is truly different without internet. In some ways it's really liberating and in other ways it's fucking annoying.

Ex: No connections with friends besides a cell phone. Can't look up simple things like how to get somewhere or what the weather will be (had to use a thomas guide and just watch the weather channel). Lack of simple entertainment that I totally take for granted (let's face it, TV gets old after awhile, especially with all the commercials and no TiVo or cable box to avoid them.)

I mostly did a lot of outdoor activities and played games on my Nintendo 64/PS2/PS3. But even those games get old after awhile.

So what's the longest you've gone without internet and what were some noticeable changes in your daily routine?

2. Hmm... probably around two weeks. Stayed at my grandparents in Hungary at the time, It wasn't TOO bad because I was in a different country so I found things to do... but I still wished everyday I had internet. Especially since my grandparents went to sleep at like 9PM... I was up from 9 to midnight doing shit all watching Hungarian TV (which was shit)

:smoke:

3. Yea that's the hardest part. When you just have gaps of time where just nothing is going on and it's either a time where you can't really do anything else or when you have a short amount of time to kill.

4. 6 months. not internet, no tv

5. Every day from birth until I was about 18!