Longest Veged plant...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonednhappy, May 9, 2006.

1. If you had enoufgh lights and stuff could you keep a plant in a veg state to make it into a monster? Vegging for like 3 years...?

2. Ummm , Dier, are you sure?
    I've read many times over that MJ plants have problems aging over 9 months, since they are only supposed to live for 1 year.

3. I have plants well over 9 months old.

4. Excellent! Then I will, in about 2 months time, revert my girlie back to vegging for 1 month or so and then clone her.

5. ammmm, dunno bout that i have a 2 year old mother :) Well at least i did LOL had to get rid of it in the "Big Dump"

6. haha wow how large was the 2 year old mother?

is there some kind of documented record of the longest time (that we know of) a grower has kept a plant alive?

7. ive seen some real monsters of plants [ in pics. only]] looked like a 16ft. tall fir tree

i got 2 tall vertical plants in my grow forum that i aint topped, or touched, there pretty tall for a inside grow... there at the bottom i just put them there today,,,

check em out.... let me know what u think...;)

8. i know everthing you read on the internet isnt true, but i read in a grow-guide somewhere that they can live up to 12 years if everythings is supplied that is needed.

9. Can anyone post me some links on that?
    I figured cell division speed slows down in plants as it ages, as it does in humans.

I'm especially interested in how-to-beat cell division slow down articles, including scientific analisys about why cloning speeds up the cell division....

10. I gave a mother plant to a buddy of mine about 2 - 2.5 years ago. It was probably about 6-9months old when I gave it to him. It's still alive and kicking. So, it's either 2.5 or over 3 years old.