Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Longest study about weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 402Dank, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I told someone once that weed is perfectly fine for you. He claimed there hasent been any long studies on weed. Whats the longest study you have ever heard about? im sure theres gotta be pretty long study on bud! :rolleyes:

2. Well I've been conducting a "study" for 54+ years now, does that count?

3. I saw a movie and they studied it on moneys. They were given some crazy number like 150 joints a day. The results showed the monkeys only problem were dead brain cells. The people in the movie said that the cells died because of lack of oxygen that the smoke causes. The monkeys had gasmask on they looked high as fuck. Anyways the study was like a couple years and that was the only side effect. And that study is why everyone says it kills brain cells. Guess you conducted the study ? The fucking government ... I'm high. The movie was on netflix I remember that.

4. Lol, what does the length of the study have to do with anything exactly?
    Your friends argument is invalid.

Although, I guess it depends on what type of studying you're doing.

5. #5 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

Both Carbon monoxide, CO, and Carbon dioxide, CO2, are absorbed into the bloodstream at a high rate than Oxygen, O. Because of this the brain is "starved" of Oxygen, O, and cells die.
    Also with a gas mask on the monkeys were unable to get any Oxygen, O, kind of like being placed in a "gas chamber".
    As the "study" said the monkeys brain cells died from smoke inhalation, NOT Cannabis as it tried to make you believe.
    So no, Cannabis does not destroy brain cells. :smoke:

6. I'm going to watch it now, as somebody said the dead brain cells were from lack of oxygen.

7. That's what i was trying to say. I'm sorry it didn't come out right. Weed is the shit . It doesn't hurt you at all

8. I mean like a documented study with doctors and everything!

9. I'm pretty sure I saw a study on web MD about weed and lung function that lasted 20+ years. Not completely sure though

10. [quote name='"graybeard"']
    Both Carbon monoxide, CO, and Carbon dioxide, CO2, are absorbed into the bloodstream at a high rate than Oxygen, O. Because of this the brain is "starved" of Oxygen, O, and cells die.
    Also with a gas mask on the monkeys were unable to get any Oxygen, O, kind of like being placed in a "gas chamber".
    As the "study" said the monkeys brain cells died from smoke inhalation, NOT Cannabis as it tried to make you believe.
    So no, Cannabis does not destroy brain cells. :smoke:[/quote]

The actual reason was because the monkeys were deprived of oxygen. And lack of the big o and brain cells will die. Had nothing to do with smoke, more suffication

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE]The Union: The Business Behind Getting High - Full Movie - High Quality - YouTube[/ame]