Longer Vegging= More bud?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bxzilla, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Im using 6 1000 watt metal halide for vegetative stage and h.p.s. for flowering. Can i yield more bud if i vegate for 6 motnhs instead of the average 6-8 weeks?

2. 6000 watts?

you have that serious of a set-up and your asking a noob question like that? vegging for 6 months?

somehow i dont beleive this

3. Trust me ,,,spended a fortune, all the nessesary exhaust fans, 3 "c.a.p." climate control for the ideal temp/humidity,co2,etc...

Im planning to veg for 8 weeks then flower for 10!

Supposibly Master kush & Northenr lights are indoor strains which should be easier for me......

4. My bad i meant can i get more for vegging and flowering 8/8 three time a year or veg for 6 months and flower for 8 weeks which should be twice a year?

5. I think you could get more yield as long as the plant kept growing, you would probably have to keep transplanting it into bigger and bigger pots, but your gains would be logarithmic (growth would continue but at a slower and slower rate).

As long as the plant keeps getting bigger though (and I don't mean taller - I mean more nodes) then your yields would increase. It's more efficient to have a bunch of little plants than one, huge, old one though. In 6 months you could have vegged 4 generations of clones!

6. it also kinda depends on what type of plant youve got

if you had an indica dominant plant, youll definately directly benefit from more veg time, because indicas undergo substantially less nodal development once they start flowering.

sativas on the other hand can still do a decent amount of branching out, more so with pure sativas.

most likely, its a hybrid, in which case youll have to do a run with your phenotypes to see what you have to work with.

7. In general a longer veg time will result in higher yield per plant, as long as you give the roots enough room to continue growing throughout that period. Very hard to compare the theoretical overall yield of the two different setups you describe, just depends on too many factors, but I would think 3 harvests a year, if allowed to veg out a decent 8 weeks or so, would beat 2 yields a year with extra vegging.

8. if you had space and lots of money, and were trying to get a cash crop. i'd be interested in getting 2 double wardrobes (the ones with 4 doors). putting 4 shelves on each wardrobe. at 2ft intervals. each with their own light.

i think you could probably do 10 autoflowerers on each shelf. minimum.
    giving you 80 plants over all. an oz each for 5lb every 2 months. and not even using 1 room.