Longboardings the shit!

Discussion in 'General' started by BoomShanks, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Kinda cool.. KINDA..

Lol, its like what I say to people who do tricks on a fixie... Why do tricks on a bike that was meant for track?

Most of the longboarders here are college student brosephs so we kinda have a bad generalization towards longboarders

2. i'm 30 and i still shred :smoke:

3. I feel ya there man, Alot of the longboarders around me are exactly that, and 90% push all mongo and shit.
    Awesome to see yall hittin up fliptricks and shit OP, thats one of the fun parts IMO. Shortboarding a longboard:rolleyes::smoke::hello:
    As soon as I discovered I could flip my buddys sector-9, then tried to hit up a few other flipity flip tricks and landed like half I was sold. Havent stopped since. They soo much fun too croooze.

Pluss now if I go street skate my shortboard is a monster too... its an 8.5X33.5 or so, so thats already pretty damned big. (I think) And the tiny wheels drain my potsmoking lungs of air and my body of energy so fast.

4. I hate skateboarding but I love longboarding

5. Flatland tricks are pretty sweet but pushing through the city bombing hills in the city dodging people and traffic are where it is at. Throwing in a slide at the bottom is always fun. I'm trying to procure some fireball red wheels for my board but they are real hard to find and once I do that there are some 20% hill around my area I want to bomb before I take it down some mountain roads.

6. Spitfire fireball bearings are sooo quiet. Also Its hard as hell to ollie high on a longboard.

7. when i was 23 i broke my leg kickflipping some stairs. i ended up losing my job at the time because i couldn't work for a while. so i gave up skating after that, but a few years later a buddy got me into longboarding. i don't get all crazy like i used to unless i'm drunk. i will do some fliptricks on my brother in laws regular board, but no more stairs or rails.. :smoke:

8. WHAT UP !

Lol seriously thoe that was fucking dope

9. This thread convinced me to get a long board. I used to skate a bit but everyone here who skates is a meth head so I gave it up.

10. Mongo on a longboard? lmaooo thats terrible

11. invest in a real skateboard longboarding is wack

12. sick shit man! me and my buds just chill and ride are long boards at the ocean front and garages keep it up little man!

13. I got a superglider too, fuckin love it. :love:

14. You guys can ride man. I've been meaning to get a long board now that its nice out.
    Im a skateboarder at heart, but as long as your cruisin on four wheels fuck it right?

15. found something worth posting in i guess (relevance=thats me)

i skate park everyday since like 3 months ago, and i longboard almost as much since like last summer

[​IMG]

16. Here is a vid of me and some friends of mine longboarding.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/32613652]November Longboarding on Vimeo[/ame]

17. Lol I am a college student and I am a broseph, but yes kids in my town watch us and buy a longboard expecting to do what we can do. Some kids have never even rode a skateboard before. Its upsetting watching them fail after spending a decent chunk of money on a good board.

We used to just skate all the time but then I decided to make some vids just because we don't see people doing tricks like we do. Its different and I think board companies like to see their boards being used differently. It helps them make better sturdier boards.

Idk were just having fun, hoping to get some hook ups here and there.

Glad everyone thinks the videos cool. :D

Your all welcome to subscribe to my channel. I put out new videos all the time, considering all we do is skate and smoke weed.:smoke:

18. Ever since my buddie could start doing tricks it was the same thing. Learn new tricks and make them better. As their camera guy I really don't skate as good as these guys, Im more of the cruising type myself.

Lol to your shortboard! I'm doing the same thing. I got all my friends into longboarding and now im starting to skate smaller yet larger skateboards. I have Powell rat bones 85a on mine right now and boy do those wheels work both ways. Great for cruising, not to rough of a ride but very light and easy to skate with.

Any type of board with wheels on it is fun!:smoke:

19. What are you all riding?

Landyatchz switchblade
    paris 180mm
    fireball beast 76mm 84a
    venom shr dh barrels 94a
    benom shr sc cones 86a
    my deck is dropped through and I use spacers and washer everywhere.

20. NICE!
    I ride a:
    Landyachtz Switch
    Bear Grizzlys 852's trucks
    Abec 11 Gumballs 76mm 81a

I love drop decks, makes it so easy to push, and push, and push.