Longboarding.

Discussion in 'General' started by BAkEd_ZombIe, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I just recently bought a longboard skateboard for 165 bucks because since i was a kid i always wanted one and since now i'm older i thought it was only appropriate to spoil myself. From my house to a dock inside my neighborhood is a mile i skated to that it is very hilly and i smoked a jay the way there seeing as my neighborhood consists of older people i've known my whole life who know i smoke. But i just made this thread to tell any stoner to BUY one for sure it is the most amazing chill expierence espicially with an ipod for music. During the summer this is going to be my secondary mode of transportation.

2. I love rolling up 4-5 J's and puttin 'em in a ciggy pack, hop on my longboard and cruise around with the expendables playing on my zune :smoke: it's the best feeling in the world, especially on a beautiful sunny day....amazing....

3. i know man it just feels so fluid and natural.

4. Shit man, long boarding is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do. But due to a few circumstances, such as the skating culture putting me off, the terrain / weather around here, and money, I haven't had the chance!

Then again, I could quite easily buy one for the summer time. The last couple of years Ive just cruised around on my BMX, which is perfect for a slow roll smoking Js, but the other day a guy went by me on a longboard and I thought "that really looks like fun!"

So, are they hard to use? They look a lot more chilled and slowpaced than a 'typical' skateboard.

5. my friend used to have a long board...riding that thing around was so awsome but then one night we got really drunk and this chick gave us a ride home and he left his board in her car....and guess what....the longboard was so awsome that bitch stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. It can be hard if you want it to. It's so like flow that you take it how you want it if you want slow paced and chill you can be slowpaced and chill. I go quick and like to do lots of turns and carves. But not hard i could just maybe see a problem with people if they don't have balance on a regular board they May have problems with it. But then again i doubt it.

7. Hahah thats fucked up! yah mine is so nice like i'de think i'de steal it but then again its my board.

8. i contemplated stealing my friends long board but then i got to thinking there was no way to explain where his long board went and how i suddenly had the exact some one he did.......

9. Longboarding is amazing. There is nothing better than cruising around with a few joints, just flowing down the road taking it all in. Once you learn how to pump your board and you don't have to push as much things become incredible.....cruising for hours becomes easy.

10. killer band, and good call.
    love riding my longboard, especially when i can do real deep carving on super smooth ground. beautiful, not as fun as surfing, but still very nice for sure.

11. the only way I get around is on longboard.

12. yeah im a college student and i love my longboard. shit makes life so much easier. i enjoi getting really baked and just surfing down those 6 story parking garages. try that out, no effort and just relaxation.

13. That sounds sweet! Can you pop a longboard?

14. Word. I longboard for at least an hour on a daily basis. There's nothing like it. Just carving, riding around, thinking about shit. It's so tranquil, and you feel like one with the board.

Once you get into bombing hills, and parking garages... that's where the fun is!

15. So I've been reading up on longboards a bit. If I wanted one to just cruise about, like.. as a means of transport, what am I looking to get?

Whats a kicktail?

And what about 'cruiser' longboards? Whats the deal with them?

16. i don't know about the other things but a cruiser is like my style its got big wheels and its just for like carving and rolling around. I'm pretty sure you can still bomb hills with them and do parking garages.

And i can't figure out how to pump?!

17. longboarding is illeagle here. pot isnt, but longboarding is.