LongBoard Or SkateBoard?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sceego, Mar 15, 2014.

1. There is this giant back story that will take forever to type so im not going to do it.

However, i will say this:

I used to own a skateboard, (An Element, too be exact) and i rode that for about 3-4 months. I didnt really like it. I didnt like lifting up the back of my board and turning becuase i'd always fall on my ass, and the ride rattled my teeth. 

But then i got to longboarding, and the ride were much smoother, and i could turn easily. Just glide along; it felt nice. However, i wanted to do some tricks. 

So i have a couple questions.

People say the skateboard doesnt rattle when they ride it, but it does to me; why?

How hard is it to learn tricks on a skateboard?

Is it possible to turn by leaning on a skateboard? Like a longboard?

Which do you prefer? And Why?

2. I've tried skateboarding a few times, wasn't for me. It's wayy to bumpy. However I picked up longboarding about a year ago, just bought a new board last week. Tricks are possible on some boards like if they have a brim at the end like a skateboard, but they're typically just used for cruising or carving down hills. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394842455.436041.jpg

Happy toking ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  3. i prefer longboarding you can achieve greater distance with less effort and if u wanna do some cool tricks you can learn how to slide :D

4. Yea. I I own a nice little Bamboo Sector 9, with clear griptape at the top. Its beautiful. It has some battlescars as well since ive owned it for almost 4 years.

5. I love both so much. long boarding is so much smoother but skating is easy with tricks

6. Skateboard. Just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQU10wApsBQ

7. Set up your board properly and it'll feel smooth but will turn fast and sharp.

The ride will be fine if you use softish wheels, but they're not as nice to skate.

8. Longboarders suck. I'm trying to get to class on time dick, get out of my way with your shit.

9. Dude, me gustan Los dos. Men.

10. Longboard :) it's less bumpy when I go over the cracks on a side walk and it's much faster.

11. Bombing hills forever bro.

Longboard FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

12. I prefer a skateboard

13. Longboard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Yeah, riding a skateboard can be bumpy. The wheels are polyurethane and there are no shock absorbers. You hit a pebble or the right crack in the pavement and you've got a scraped knee. Is this about transportation or recreation? Because you'd just be better off with a bike if it's the former.

Truth time, though, it's hard to learn tricks on a skateboard. You're going to fail 9 times out of 10. So it's not an activity to take up if you don't have patience. 

But it's a lot of fun

15. #16 ReturnFire333, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Longboard for distance, skateboard for anything else. Put some street tech formula wheels and brand new red bone bearings on your skateboard and then see if you have the bumpyness complaint.

I feel constricted on longboards, being limited to traveling one direction, with a skateboard I can change direction easily.

16. Depends, long board if ya wanna cruise or bomb hills. Skate if ya wanna cruise and bomb hills and do a fuckin shit loads of other stuff. Lot of ppl don't have what it takes to get beyond the initial learning to skate so do what ya want. Maybe try out couple boards of ppl in the streets and see what you prefer

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Skateboard. Its so fun. Just dont roll your ankle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. how does this make any sense? longboard speed>normal skate speed

19. Longboarding. Very chill.

OP. If you're rattling, make sure that your wheels are tight, you don't want them too tight but they shouldn't wobble either.