Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long time smoker wants to try ingesting weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by OG60, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hard to believe but true. Smoking since 75' but never ate any.
    All I want to do is experience the feeling. What I don't want to do is make cake, brownies or anything. If I like the high, I would consider putting effort into this project (like baking stuff)

In other words, this has to go fast and with only house hold items.
    So, my plan is to take (a yet unknown)
    amount of kief and mix it with a fluid (water, milk, cola, juice??) And drink it.

I don't care what it tastes like. I just want to see what the buzz is like.

And now the important question....
    How much kief should I use for a one time high? I can tell you that I smoke about 1-2 grams of top shelf bud per day from my garden if that helps with the dosage for ingesting

• Like Like x 1
  2. You need to decarb the kief before hand to activate the THC
    Here is what i would suggest and its pretty easy...
    Go to the store and buy yourself a package of ready to bake cookies.
    Make a couple and mix in your kief (Bubble hash works great!) with one of them.
    Bake them (this should decarb it) and eat the one you put the kief in....you should feel something in 20-45 mins.

Dosage for eating marijuana is much different then smoking it. I have seen people who just smoke all day eat a edible and within an hour look and sound like they have been up drinking all night. Your body processes it differently then when you smoke it.

Dosing is a guessing game...you have to start somewhere and make them weaker or stronger depending on your needs. That is why all the stuff sold in dispensary's suggest you take a small amount and wait 30 mins to 2 hours before taking more to not over medicate yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Say your keif is a generous 50% THC, that would be 250 mg in a gram so I would suggest 1/8-1/4 gram. You need to decarb- an essential step 240F for 40 minutes. Then eat however you want to eat it. Enjoy! Take it slow as Grow Vault suggests.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, even though I'm extremely lazy, the premade cookie batter sounds pretty easy. And the fact that baking the cookies will decarb the kief, that's also one step less to do.
    As far as dosage, I will go slow. Start with a little and work my way up.

Thanks for the input and a good idea for a lazy old stoner

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Baking the cookies will not decarb your keif. 240F for 40 minutes is needed. When you bake the internal temp of the baked good does not reach the oven temperature. Decarb needs the sustained temp for longer than baking a cookie. If you make your cookies without a decarb you may get some effects- try it both ways, if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you for the dosage tips. A great starting point. I will progress slowly until I reach the point of.... Stotaly toned :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. You're welcome. Have fun!

9. You don't have to bake.
    Here's an easy edible recipe, based on BrassNwood's methods, that works very well:
    1. Decarb herb @ 240 F for 40 min
    2. Grind to fine powder
    3. Mix together herb, a roughly equal weight of lecithin, and at least 14 grams nutella or nut butter for every gram herb used. This is the minimum amount to avoid terrible taste, but less will be needed for kief.
    4. Very quickly preheat mixture to 220 F, then bake at that temp for 20 min
    5. Freeze mixture for a few hours
    6. Thaw, then repeat step 4
    If exactly 16 g mixture contains 1 gram herb, then flower strength for 15% herb would be roughly 0.15*1000 mg = 150 mg.
    I make cracker sandwiches out of this.
    It gets a little better over time, as the oil makes the herb more digestible.
    This stuff, tincture, and baked goods all work about equally well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes. Kief-hash on a cookie sheet uncovered in oven.

5 grams Kief-Hash-powdered buds-Concentrates.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil. ( any cooking oil will work )
    .5 teaspoon Lethicin. ( power enhancer )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze ( can skip as it's optional )
    Heat 220 F for 20 (can skip if you omitted the freeze)
    Done.
    Fills 30 (0) sized capsules @ 150mg each.

Can scale this up or down as needed. I make a dozen 1 drop capsules as a starting point and you take one and wait 2 hours. Not stoned take 1 or 2 more and wait another 2 hours.

[​IMG]

Time tested recipe it is about the simplest and strongest I know of.
    [​IMG]

:)
    BNW
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks to everyone for the replies. This weekend I'm going to get off my lazy ass and put some effort into this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. What does the freeze cycle do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Primarily it softens the gritty mouth feel for people that let the caps melt in the mouth or for cooking with.
    If you do multiple heat and freeze cycles say 4 or more it'll start to degrade the THC to CBN and make it a better sleep aid. The single-dual heat cycling make a very upbeat and wide awake oil.

BNW