Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long Time Smoker Needs Help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Quitting, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hey,

When I was in college I used to smoke spudnik (that kind of weed that comes in a block that you burn and grind with tobacco) and me and my friends at college would bong heavy amounts for like 2 years. Then I left college and decided to quit I would feel really rough for a couple of days but eventually the feeling would go away and I would go back to feeling normal like I was before starting college.

That was back when I was 18 and I'm now 29 almost 30 in april. Since then I've been smoking a lot of skunk using a metal pipe straight with no tobacco or anything. It burnt my throat at first but I got used to it.

Now that I've quit it's been 3 weeks and that feeling of being "rough" which is hard to explain but I will try is like your limbs and body feels heavy even whilst laying down and the more tired I become the worse it feels. (You know like when you start getting stoned and it kicks in after say 10mins of smoking and all you wanna do is lie down and relax because your body starts feeling heavy). I can feel my limbs shaking like adrenaline is pumping through my vains but I also just want to lie down all the time. It's like I'm stoned but without my brain being stoned only my body and I need it to go away badly. I'm really scared and I want to get a full time job but worried I won't be able to perform well enough to do my job because of this constant feeling. I can feel it mainly in my hands but it covers my entire body.

If anyone else has experienced this problem please help. It feels like it'll never go away and I'm really scared some people call it permastoned but I don't want that to ever happen. In the past this feeling would only last a couple of days now it's almost been a month and it won't go away.

Does anyone know what I could/should do to go back to feeling normal again?

From Mr X

(If you need more information I will try and help.)

2. hate to tell you but you're having burn out syndrome.

3. #3 Quitting, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    How long will it last? I've been just reading and you might be right. My girlfriend keeps commentating on how quiet I am and how I feel so distant even though I've not smoked for almost a month.

4. you will be fine man, just give it some time. if all you are using is cannabis there is no physical detox(only maybe a little mental bitchiness, like i need to smoke a joint). dont be scared you will be able to get a job, remember its cannabis not heroin or pills or other opiates. keep your head up you'll be ok

5. #5 Quitting, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    It's not the first time this has happened, but I keep wanting a smoke and I know that if I have a smoke I will feel normal whilst stoned which makes no sense unless you are a smoker. I've also noticed that sometimes I will have bursts of energy and all I wanna do is excersise or go for a long run until I wanna collapse. I'm not sure if this is part of the burnt out syndrome.

6. It may be a vitamin deficiency. Try taking a one a, day drink plenty of water maybe switch up your eating habits if they're poor and hit the gym. I'm just giving some ideas

7. Agree with rync888, try the vitamins and lots and lots of water. Dont let your gf get you down you will be ok. I hear you on smoking will make you feel better, but if you trying to quit dont listen to me. Im a medical cannabis caregiver, grower and daily smoker.

8. Does everyone agree that I am experiencing burnt out syndrome? I just wanna know what I am going through and how long it will last. Thanks.

9. Yes i agree that its burn out syndrome, but have never heard of burn out syndrome. You appear to me as a, no offense, junkie coming off drugs. Like I said I have been in that situation with harder stuff than cannabis, YOU WILL BE OK. Just stay off cannabis and anything else besides, water, sleep, vitamins. Try to go out in social or public situations and kinda force yourself to be normal, after time you will be normal again and feel good, just might take some time. Just want to stress again you will be OK. A plus is if you have kind loving people in your life that will help and understand what you are going through.

10. Thanks for confirming it's burnt out syndrome. I've only ever smoked pure weed (skunk) maybe it was mixed with something I dunno. It's just that my entire body feels 'heavy' like it does whilst high and I'm easily distracted and stuggle to sleep. I'm having very very vivid dreams mostly nightmares. I'm also waking up easily. Like I said it's been 3 weeks now and doesn't show any signs of wearing off. When I was in college when I started smoking pot I would feel like this for 2 days then back to normal hence my alarm for concern but you've all been amazing in helping me. Thank you very much! I've also just noticed whilst feeling this that I feel extra warm and I keep the windows open even though it's freezing cold.

11. I'm telling you live a healthier life style and you'll be fine

12. Hey guys, just a quick recap. So it's been about 2.5 months now since I stopped quitting. I took all your advice, been taking vitamin pills dailey, drinking plenty or water and excersising for about 2 hours a day walking/running and dancing in my bedroom. At first I kept having bursts of energy from time to time and I took full advantage of that by excersising really hard, but for the past week or so I've started feeling really sluggish and tired. It seems like it's getting worse and I've also noticed that my stomach feels off everyday and the only reason I'm eating is because I'm hungry and have to and I am just forcing the food down myself even though I am not enjoying it. Will it get worse before it gets better?

13. Go see a doctor this doesnt sound like it would be from weed.. Even after 3 months went by and you are still feeling like this, a doctor can help :)
    Good luck

14. What the. Heck is spudnik ? Isn't that the name of a Russian space craft ?

15. i agree your situation doesn't sound typical. time to see a doctor

16. I'm only getting conflicting information from different sources, I wish I could meet someone online who has experienced what I'm going through who could give me some solid advice. :confused:

17. Well I went to the doctor and he didn't do much for me, apart from smerking and occasionally laughing. It's approaching the 3 month mark now and I'm still feeling heavily fatigued and my stomach is constantly feeling sick like I want to throw up especially if I just ate something, or sometimes when I wake up first thing in the morning. I really wish I could feel normal, it feels like I'm slowly dying and I'm getting mild forms of paranoia. I wish I could speak to someone who has gone through what I'm going through and could give me some solid advice. I feel so scared right now.

18. Why not just smoke? I know its not helpful but you could smoke a bowl and then wait a week and smoke another. Slowly bring yourself down. Going cold turkey is bad imo.

Check another doctor.

19. #19 Quitting, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    I'm getting conflicting information with 50% of people saying not to smoke and just work drink plenty of water and excersise a lot and the other 50% saying not to go cold turkey and just and bring yourself down slowly. So I'm not sure what to do, I just wish I could speak to someone who has been in my position and could help me through this dark time in my life