Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long time friends using me? bummed.....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by danknuggenburg, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Hey guys, so I'm a MMJ patient with a "green card."
    Recently I've been wondering if my friend have been taking advantage of me as I can be a bad judge of character. 
    So I've had a MMJ card for a few years now for chronic pain. I'm a rather generous person so of course when my long time friends wanted me to get them some I agreed. It was fine at first but this coming year came and now that's all they seem to want from me. We used to talk, socialize and all that when they'd come over for a sesh but now all they do is smoke my weed (sometimes an entire bowl in one hit, rude) and play on their ipads. They even ignore me when I try to make conversation. To make matters worse they seem to expect that I will get then some anytime they want at dispensary prices so it's not like they're even willing to give me a little extra cash for my service. They are very inefficient with their weed and go through an eighth a day when i get it for them so of course they are always dry and unable to put in for bowls. Weed is expensive here, I don't even want to smoke them out anymore. They were my (good) friends before the card, I'm not sure why I've just become some dealer to them.
    Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone here has been in this situation and how/if they stood up for themselves. I hate feeling used and I know I need to set boundaries.

2. I know how you feel, Im in kinda the same boat. You just need to speak up an talk to them about it, if they get mad an upset their not your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Fuck those friends. I had friends like that and they're not going to change, even when you confront them.

4. Honestly just tell them that they either need to start paying you for weed or get it for themselves. I've had a best friend for over a decade now who is expected to pay for his own weed, even if he goes through me to get it. I won't smoke people up for free anymore, it's more of a currency type thing where I am. People smoke other people bowls still, but it's usually either matching or somebody hitting you up for bud. If somebody buys bud from me I'll smoke them a bowl, but they don't get it for free.

Oh and never tell people what you pay for weed, that's when they break your balls. I was friends with a guy for about 5-6 years and then I started fronting him oz's because he was a little down and out, right? Just helping a friend.... Well there was a time a few months back that I couldn't front him two ounces, because my fiancee and I just found out we were pregnant and going to have a kid, well I didn't have that extra $300 bucks to float him because I now had a doctor bill and an ultrasound to pay for. God forbid we accidentally got pregnant, needless to say we're no longer friends after a long and very disrespectful fight. Fortunately it never came to be physical, but my point still stands...

This kind of shit shows you who your true friends are. Their true colors come out when money gets involved.

The worst part is when people think you're using them when you're actually not, so maybe they're just in bad spots and don't know how to vocalize it? Who knows, man, just gotta talk to them. If they're your friends they'll hear you out, if they're using you they'll get upset when you tell you can't afford to smoke them weed.

It's not an outrageous thing, a lot of people work a job just to pay for their weed habit, not because they want a job. If you can't afford your own smoke, sometimes you don't get to smoke. That's on them if you ask me, they can take their broke asses down to mcdonald's and apply for a job as far as I'm concerned in your situation.

Good luck, man

5. Had a roommate best friend exactly like you're talking about OP. Eventually had to start smoking my weed in my bedroom and hide my shit. I'd come home from work and he'd have scraped all my pipes and smoked the resin, cleaned out my grinder and smoked up my gram of kief in the bottom I'd been saving, would take small amounts of weed from each strain jar so I wouldn't notice (started weighing everything everyday) and drinking my expensive 8.5% beer without permission. Eventually he had to go, it was very sad. I'd smoke my bong and just not pass it to him anymore, or else just try to be sober. He would get very upset and throw fits that he wasn't able to get high. I fucking hate when true kindness and generosity gets taken advantage of, it's just awful to feel that way.

6. I've posted my experiences with bad friends a few times before... too lazy to post it again but I'll summarize my thoughts:

Weed can bring out the true colors of your friends.  I have had friends who were really cool about weed, would smoke me up, hang out with my regardless if I had weed or not, would give me free weed, would have intellectual conversations and what not...

And then I had friends who turned into weed fiends.  Acted like little bitches and bugged me for rides or my dealer's number, would use me to get high (only hanging out when I had weed, smoking them up and then them ditching me to go to other peoples' houses without me).

You have to have a badass attitude towards them and let them know what's up.  My rule is, smoke people up and be social with people about weed until you see a trend.  Once you see a trend in you doing a lot of favors for them or you constantly giving them weed you paid for, cut them off and tell them what's up.

7. Kinda having the same problem with my "friends" who only hit me up to chill if I have bud or money, but other than that its like I don't even exist to them

8. So, what..you came here so we could tell you to grow some balls and not let that shit fly?

9. I would just stop getting for them, especially for free.  You are not suppose to anyways and here is a valid reason not to.  

Live is too short to even deal with people like that.  Pinch those turds off and move on.

10. #10 IRON-EYES, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    ... image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Git yer archery gear!

11. Don't continue to give them weed since you feel like they're using you.
    Odds are if you feel that way, it's probably true & they're shitty people for it and you should dump their asses.

12. They go trough an eight/a day and can't afford it. I'd just tell them how I feel and no matter how your frienship end they might end up being a little more responsible.

13. those aren't your friends then.  seriously they just sit there and dont even talk to you let alone never match bowls?  those are not your friends.

14. #14 Grizzly Tracks, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    herbal drugs turn some people into assholes.

so does money.

so does fame.

so does success.

Greed and jealousy are ugly and can kill the best of people.

15. Just remember, thug means never having to say sorry.