Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long-term smoking, and Appetite problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by schizophrenick, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Hello,

A friend and I have been discussing the possible long term effects of marijuana usage and appetite. He and I both share similar smoking habits, (i.e. we often smoke before eating, daily smoker, etc.) and we both are starting to notice appetite problems that seem to be associated with weed.

It becomes more difficult to want to eat while not stoned, sometimes we don't feel hungry until we smoke, etc. Possibly the habit of smoking before eating meals is fucking up the appetite system in our bodies? lol.

Does anybody else have any insight into this?

2. Your brain is used to eating while stoned, or if you haven't smoked in a long enough period as a daily smoker (which isn't that long) you'll start the slight withdrawals that can come with it, but it's pretty much just your brain wanting you to continue your routine.

3. Yeah. If you smoke long enough, its pretty much impossible to eat unless you're not stoned. And I mean like eat regular meals, once you get hungry enough you can still eat. On the days I don't smoke, I usually only have a snack and one big meal later in the day...days i smoke i can have a regular eating schedule. The few times i've had to quit, I've realized this loss of appetite usually goes away in 3 or 4 days for me, as well as other people I have observed. Same case with sleep

4. Heres what i did when that started happening to me long ago, i just forced myself to eat BEFORE i smoke in the morning, if you think about it, whats worse....forcing food into your body when it needs food...or not smoking for long enough to re-acclimate to eating sober.....yea....just eat first.... it sucks for the....5 mintutes you eat then its done hahahaha. Usually ive found after the first few bites you realize how hungry you really were anyway, the brain is easily re-adjusted without drasticly changing something like being high, which your brain is obviously accustomed to

5. i'd suggest just chill on the smoking so much, same thing happened to me but worse, couldn't go to sleep, couldn't eat, listen to music, unless i was high it was weird, but i just stopped for a week or so and cut down from smoking multiple times a day to 4-5 times a week, helps a lot and makes the high much more enjoyable. hope this helps, cheers!

6. +rep Sirsog
    I did the same thing this morning bro and it really does make a difference not to mention sense.