Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long Term Smoker, Suffering From Anxiety Now

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Kampiss, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hey all - new member here, great forum, looking for some advice and insight from people with similar issues.

I started smoking around 18 and this lasted until 26-27. There were years where I would toke up every day for months and months on end! It was great, I was productive, never had any stress, anxiety, no social isolation issues, plenty of friends and everything was fine and dandy.

Towards 28-29 I started focusing a lot on becoming a responsible adult so naturally stress and life (and work) come on full-time. But noticed a few new things in my life: health anxiety (hypchondria) and body aches mainly due to poor posture, sedentary lifestyle and plenty of bad sleep and crazy work-related stress. I love what I do, but it's demanding and long hours. The poor posture + healthy anxiety + hypochondria + bad sleep combine for a shitty time not to mention physical symptoms.

I also noticed that smoking caused bad anxiety (heart racing, restless, especially during the onset of the first toke). 90% of the buds I've smoked since 18 have been kush, usually OG. And never had issues.

I haven't smoked in a year but am looking to toke here and there to relax the brain, the body, not worry and think so much and become more balanced.

So my questions are: have other members suffered and suffer from similar situations? And how do you deal with them? But even more importantly, what are some good strains to get back into the state of mind of peace? Some strains that won't make you feel like a panic attack is happening everytime? Strains that will relax you and help you balance the brain.

I think that the long-term usage has definitely caused some changes in my neurochemistry and what strains worked before, might not work today. But I know there's something out there that will take their place.

Would love some insight. Thanks

2. I keep hearing Indica strains are good for that. And as my username suggests I've had horrible highs. For the first year I smoked it was pretty much all good until towards the end of that year I had anxiety, restlessness and extreme paranoia. It lasted even after I had those bad highs and still does. Me counselor (I have a counselor and a psychiatrist I see now) said it possibly aggravated my mental conditions and I got it sooner than I was supposed to get it. (Like you were destined to have it in the first place, I don't believe in that part though).

Could either be a mental condition or it's caused by stress, but for you I think it's stress. I would suggest an Indica with a high ratio of CBD to relax you.