Long term marijuana smoking affects motivation

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Not sure if this is true either... But then again I only 100% trust the information if it's given on a .edu webpage. 

2.  I wouldn't do that, there was a controversy a while ago about havard giving out wack info or some shit. I can't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i feel like as some one who has trouble getting motivated this could be true but the sample pool is so small that not enough information was gathered to really say that

4. Hon, have you seen my List? I do much the same with genealogy (my family tree has over 25,000 people in it).  I am also a championship level quilter (I have enough quilts for my family and then some, so now I mostly do baby quilts for co-workers at my school). I sculpt, write an occasional news article, paint and educate! I am a cannabis activist and comment frequently in the news. Been toking for over 45 years.   :smoke:    I'll be 66 next month.  :eek:

When is this lack of motivation supposed to cut in? When I'm 90?  :laughing:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 17
  5. It doesn't even say it permanently lowers dopamine levels. So from personal experience smoking all day everyday can affect my motivation but smoking over a long period of time doesn't affect it. Maybe i'm wrong here but this study seems quite poor lol

6. Based on myself it might be true but I think that's just cuz sometimes there's no weed and that's when I get all "unmotivated"

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #9 JCM2, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    Depends on the kind of weed they're smoking too...if you make people smoke a heavy Indica every day, then yeah, they might be unmotivated. It's about knowing what weed is right for you at what times of the day!

They also ran the test on only people who experienced psychotic experiences on cannabis. What's up with that?

8. #10 THCandroid, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    when i first left highschool i was the occasional smoker, maybe a few times throughout the week, wasn't really spending money on it.had no aspirations of furthering my education through college even though i was eligible for a 50% tuition break (father works at local Uni, part of a state wide University System).been smoking more frequently now than ever for the most part (over these past few years in general) and now work at the same Uni as my dad and am eligible for FREE tuition (minus books/lab fees/special fees) i plan on starting this fall and getting a degree in Biology. took 5 years of pure laziness to finally take advantage of the tuition benefits.my family is proud of me, BlazedCannabis is proud of me, but most importantly i am proud of myself for once.marijuana hasn't made me any less motivated over my 6-7 years of use.on top of starting school in the fall ill still be working my full time and part time job i currently have as well as doing odd jobs for my landlord around her other properties in my spare time

9. This is a poorly constructed study. The sample size is too small AND they're assuming that it effects people who don't experience psychotic episodes the same way as it would people who do without any data or observations to corroborate this. It even said at the end that more research was needed.

10. I stopped reading at 19 users.

For a test group to be statistically significant there needs to be at least 30 in the sample size. Statistics 101.

• Like Like x 4
  11. 19 subjects? I sure hope the researchers are sober, as they seem very LAZY in aquiring such a miniscule sample size!

• Like Like x 2
  12. They tested on students between the age of 12 and 18, why are they picking strictly adolescents for the testing group??  Motivation deters when a person is disinterested in a.) subjects not relevant to his interests  2.) Apathetic  3.) Figuring what's the purpose of putting an emphasis on ________.. 

Plus they didn't identify and name which type of Cannabis type of strain the individuals were smoking, they wouldn't been conducting the same study if it was done on Sativa. Indica gives me the "fuck it" mentality because it re-arranges what is important and what is not. 

13. Shaddy, you just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves with the scientific community! WE know there can be a huge difference in the effects of different strains  :smoke: :smoking: , but the scientists (with just a very few exceptions like the guys at Project CBD) all use "Cannabis sativa", not "Cannabis sativa, var. Alaskan Thunder Fuck" (Just harvested some, and that's what I'm toking. lol) Until the scientists realize that different strains have different effects, they are NOT going to get consistent results!

Granny   :wave:

• Like Like x 3
  14. They just got 19 randoms and they tested it on themselves aha

15. And that's what I say, scientific studies are only legit if it has been peer reviewed, if not its hyperbolic bullshit.

16. I don't think it's that a smoker loses motivation but they just get really comfortable with everything they feel no need to change things but when they finally do they do it, it just takes something bigger than the average situation to make them believe it's worth impacting the world they survive around

17. Wouldn't know i lacked motivation before i started smoking. If anything i have more motivation now. However, if i have things i need to get done i tend to wait till after to smoke. But longterm, no...

18. Couldn't have said it better my self! Good job granny.

Ps: Are there championship level quilting tournaments or was that just a figure of speach? regardless quilts are cool.