Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

long term effects like after 12 hours of smoking.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jaded1983, Nov 18, 2008.

1. I work in a very logic intensive field: Computer Network Engineering/Adminstration. Which requires me to use my brain alot.

I plan on smoking some before i goto sleep to help me sleep. But i have to be up the next day and be ready to work within 8-10 hours. Does cannabis have any long term effects that i should worry about? that might effect my memory short term or long term.. or my cognitive and abstract thinking abilities?

I also have to take alot of classes to update my certs. Obviously i wouldnt be getting high while studying or in class.. but i still worry about retaining what ive learned.

thanks!

2. Your short-term memory may be affected a little bit, but only after months, possibly a year after smoking daily.

I'd say that your abstract thinking abilities would be heightened.

I'm a college student with a 3.0 GPA. In High School I had straight A's and smoked every day.

3. The morning after smoking I generally feel alot better and better rested, so I think it's definetly helpful in the sleep-aid field. As far as short-long term memory is concerned, there has always been debate about it but the only thing i've myself noticed is if I smoke alot in one day I tend to forget what happened earlier that day and/or what happened during the time I was high. But it's never affected me in any way whatsoever the next day. Hope that helps.

4. every morning after i smoked up pretty heavily the nigtht before i had a "Glowing" feeling.. i liked it, but wasnt working at the time so i dont know how it would affect me.

5. Nah bro, you have a good 6-8 hour sleep, some breakfast in the morning you'll be good to go. About the short term memory thing, I've smoked daily 3-5 times a day for over a year, and I remember say watching the simpsons on tv, just not all the jokes or what the episode was about, but remember everything like normal when I'm not high, so if your not high studying, you should be fine, atleast I would be.

6. Short term memory is only affected during use.

Just get a good night sleep and a hardy breakfast in the morning and you should be good.

7. i smoke every day and just got my GPA the other day. It's a 3.79.

8. What he said, you should be just fine.THC doesn't affect your intelligence. Someone like KottenMouth can remember well when high, while I can't remember shit, some people are just affected differently.

I gotta 1-up you guys my gpa is a 4, at 98.5%, and i smoke,err vap, just about everyday.

9. youll be fine, the only thing is that im kind of buzzed the whole next day after i go to sleep, and its not like an alcohol buzz its like im out of it but im not, just completely relaxed

10. depends on how much you smoked, or it's quality of course.
    i occasionally get totally blazed as all hell the night before a morning class.
    i notice...
    im in a better mood.
    i can't pay as much attention
    i can complete my work usually easier.
    as long as your not at work high, i think you'll be fine, if not better.

11. Yeah same for me except the only thing I ever forget is what I was talking about or doing.Like I can remember everything the next day, so it's not like the whole day was a blur with no clue as to what happened.