Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long term edible usage

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ZigZagPapers, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Whaadddup grasscity!! It's been a while since I've been in town...

So, I've been eating cannaoil daily for about a year now. Yes, I get high. Is there anyone else here who eats ganja oil daily? Is it truly the healthy alternative?
    What clorophils and other plant stuffs are going through my belly other than THC? All of this I don't know.. I also don't know anyone, old or young, who eats as much weed oil as me. So if there is any other daily ganja eater out there lemme know what's good, cause we get the highest of the highs! Jah love.

2. edibles is the healthiest way to ingest cannabis, so healthwise theres not dangerous chemicals eating away at your liver and insides unlike the legal alternative that a doctor would perscribe

3. I'm still not so sure.. When I eat a normal dose of .5 to 1 gram, I get dehydrated. I drink water after water and cannot rehydrate.
    When I dose 3 to 5 grams I have been told that I look like I'm rolling! Eating this much pot feels like a weird dirty acid trip.
    There is something about heavy edible usage that takes a toll. The body definitely reacts oddly to consistent cannaoil dosing. I don't doubt that its the healthiest way to get stoned, but I'm not convinced that its a safe as people believe.
    Is there anyone out there who has been eating pot daily for years that can share there experiences with me? I'd love to hear from you!!!!!

4. You are incredibly right my buddy boy. Took 2 hash oil pills today. I was so fucked up for a good 8 hours. Came home...and I think I ate somthing bad after work....but to his point it really does dry u the fuck out. I was at work higher than a kite and i kept drinking glass after glass of hi-c.

Anyhow...I just got done projectile vomiting for some random ass reason at 3:44 am in the morning...yea..i was feeling sick so went to the toilet thinking i might do a small puke..i was wrong. barged my whole stomach up.

5. I think there's a stomach virus going around right now, so it could be that.
    OP do you make your own oil? If so, what oil do you use, and how much per serving of bud?
    Have you ever noticed any tolerance issues?

6. Nike dunks... Yep been there. I've vomited after a lot of edibles plus sitting. It helps to move around.

Stoned ape... Yes I make my own oil. I've used canola, olive, corn, and soybean. Each oil carries a different high. I prefer canola or soybean, I've found that lighter oils take to weed better. My serving size is probably 3 tablespoons oil per gram. I've thought that it might be the oil so I tried an experiement eating the oil without weed in it. No dehydration, no noticeable changes.

In terms of tolerance.. Yes, it does jack up the tolerence, but tolerence is relative to the high. If someone smokes a bowl a day they will get as high as a bowl a day and would have a bowl a day tolerence. Same goes for eating; you have a higher tolerence but your getting higher. I don't use any cannibis 4 days out of the week to keep my tolerance in check, so it's not really an issue.

In the summer however I was eating each meal each day with oil on it. It got to the point that when I would eat a meal with no oil I was in the mindset that I would get high eventually.

7. Thanks for the info!
    I had been wondering about that tolerance issue for the longest time. I knew it would increase the tolerance, but I wasn't sure how much of a break I'd need to keep it in check.

My last two batches were hemp oil and coconut oil, but they didn't seem like much of a different high. I think the hemp oil may have been stronger though, but I'll need to do more experiments.

Do you know if a certain oil, or certain cooking method, produces a different duration for the high? I may have actually been taking a bit high of a dose (for me anyways) because I've been using 1g of dank and it keeps me high for 13+ hours.

8. Yeah 1 gram is heavy. My normal "single" dose is .5, usually a day off, during breakfast ( bomb weed pancakes)! Then I bike around, watch movies, or do someshit.

Usually I'll go 3gs plus before concerts or group outings. It's important to eat whole grain bread and greens to help digest the oil. I'm very active when I get this high and it helps me with the thought related nausea, Atleast for me.

Experimentation is key. Have fun with it!

9. Subbed. Don't have much to contribute at the moment, but I'm interested hahah.

10. I'm so interested in trying edibles. How do you make the oil? Does it smell when you make it?

11. Making oil is very simple, grind up buds as much as you can then add them to 212 degree cooking oil for one hour. On my stove I turn the dial to the second lowest notch. I read somewhere that THC vapes at over 250 degrees.
    Bud to oil ratios depends on how strong you want it to be. Usually I go for as little oil as possible.

Prepare for Charlie's chocolate weed factory, because it does smell.

12. #12 StonedApe, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    3g's?!?!!? Wow, that's a lot! I'd want to be home if I do that heavy of a dosage, just in case I pass out or start laughing uncontrollably or something.

Here's my recipe for canna oil:

1g bud = 1 oz oil

-Grind bud
    -Wrap bud in foil, put in oven at 220*F for 25 minutes to decarb
    -Put bud and oil of choice in a jar
    -Keep jar in closet for 2 weeks, shaking every day
    -Putting in freezer occasionally is said to increase potency by causing the tasty trichomes to fall off (MORE THC IN YOUR BELLY!!)

edit: Using this "sit-out" method instead of cooking will cause minimal smell. There's a bit of weed smell when you're decarbing, but you can avoid that by letting it cool before you open the foil with weed inside.

13. Use coconut oil heard its the strongest

14. This is really cool, I'm definitely trying this!

15. Do you have a high intake of omega 3 to deal with tolerance issues if you don't you should look into it

Edit: also it sucks that it smells I'd like to make some here :( but I have other people whom I love with

16. Cool, I didn't know that.
    I've heard about omega 3 being able to produce a stronger high though, so I eat salmon regularly and put flax seed in my oatmeal every morning. Maybe this has had a good effect on my tolerance without even realizing it :D

17. Yes,

I did Edibles every day for a while.

It is Stupid.

I wasted a ton of Money and got an Insane Tolerance.

When I quit I was taking 542 MG every night and it did Barely Anything to me.

I ran into all kinds of Breathing Problems.

I think I had THC Overdose.

Also, When you eat it it is processed through your Liver like Alcohol and we all know what Alcohol will due to your Liver !!!!

I almost had to quit weed.

I know Vape Twice a Week.

Every once in a While I do Edibles and it doesn't do much for me.

Just a Giant Waste of Money (I was spending $50 a day for One Use of THC.

I never had any problems until I went hardcore on Edibles.

It took me 3 Months to get somewhat back to Normal and I still have Breathing Problems.

18. <-- The King of Edibles and use.
    Years of daily use to keep the angry pain monster in my belly quiet.
    No side effects at all.
    Higher then ever.
    What is not to like.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    Rounded up the last of the on hand hash and pounded out another 90 or so caps
    [​IMG]

BNW