Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long term affects of everyday eyed drop use

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420 High Times, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Title really says it all, what are the long term affects of everyday eye drop use? Ive been using them about twice a day for about 6 or 7 months. Thats on average probably a little less but around that. Any damage?

2. As long as you're not using "eye drops" that have alcohol in them (I know Rohtos does for sure) you should be good...putting alcohol on your eye ball flesh daily isn't very good for you.

However if what you're using does have alcohol in them, consider looking into "artificial tears" they don't have alcohol in them and are surprisingly cheap.

3. That seems like a strange question to post here... Unless said eye drops contain THC? :S

4. man stoners are the only people that buy eyedrops nowadays, its to cover up the red eyes you get for covert smokeing

5. What kind of eyedrops are you using?

As long as it's not the kind with alcohol you'll be fine.

6. Do clear eyes have alcohol in them? [​IMG]

7. wow I've never thought about this before, I guess it is something that could be interesting to find out about. Since most people dont really pay attention to it. But if they are actually meant for allergies and you would need them daily for those I could'nt see them having long term affects really.

8. Duh lol

And I dunno man, I know Rohtos do. Check on ingredients for anything that says alcohol. Or ask your physician.

9. [​IMG]

First thing I thought of when I saw that pic, lmao.

As far as answering your question, looking at walgreens.com's ingrediants for Clear Eyes, alcohol isn't listed so no.

10. You should be fine is you dont drown your eyes in them. Also you should take a break off them, only use eye drops when you NEED them. If your parents, or boss, etc. Will not see you in a couple hours, do your eyes a favor don't use them. Or just get artificial tears, for me they don't work. My eyes are naturally dry, and when i smoke they get drier. I just use rohtos and so far my optomologist said my eyes are fine, i am very gentle with the eye drops. remember 1 drop is all you need.

11. Huh, i never knew eye drops could be used to get rid of the red in your eyes O_O
    Then again i dont honestly care who knows, im not gunna hide that i smoke like some crack addict :p

12. Some people have their reasons, be it parents or whatever.

Personally, my eyes don't get red unless I'm like SUPA-BAKED.

13. for me, i could care less if my eyes are real red or if i seem real high out in public, but when i'm about to come in contact with someone i wouldn't want them to know that i'm currently high, like my parents, than i'll put eye drops in.

also if you go to school it helps too. especially if you have a little run in with the school security guards or the police officer. there's plenty of other reasons people use eye drops.

14. Not to be a dick, but i sure am getting a lot of "i'm under 18" vibes from this thread.

It has been so long since i gave a fuck who noticed my eyes were red, wow. But i will admit that i went through bottles and bottles of eye drops in high school for the reasons you guys stated. My friends and i preferred the Clear Eyes ACR... (after chronic relief)