*long* Pro-life and Pro-choice

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SniperKitty, Jan 25, 2013.

1. *warning long post, no TL;DR either. I don't care if you comment or even read actually I just needed to get it out there and off my chest.

Okay so let me start by saying, I do believe everyone is good, everyone wants to see good in the world, and everyone wants to be happy and see others happy as well (excluding the few actual bad people who in comparison to our population is very few). I used to be pro-choice, and I guess I still am but I don't enjoy fighting like I used to, it seems like a distraction to the real problem now.

I wanted to post this on a facebook pro-life page, but decided against it. I needed to get it off my chest regardless so I thought I would post it here.... Pro-life or pro-choice, we need to stop fighting, more people are dying than are aborted yearly. If we really cared about children like both sides say we do, then we need to care about the children that are suffering now, not the ones who might be a life some day. So here's what I was going to post.

--------------------------------------
    Do any of you care about the millions of children killed by drones and our needless violent wars? The millions the die from starvation world wide? Or do all you care about is the potentials of life that never were? We all need to stop this stupid fight and fight for a real cause, the one for the children who are leading lives, the ones that are feeling the starvation and knowing what it means, the ones that live in war zones who are completely aware they might get be struck down any moment. I dream of a world in which we care more about the real children, regardless of where they live, what their skin color is, what religion they are, what sex they are, or how much they are worth monetarily. We live in a world where THIS is the discussion? If a potential for life should be saved or not? What about the actual lives? I never see anything about them, they die in silence, because we are too distracted with our own fighting we fail to see the real problems world wide.

Or maybe it's just easier to fight over something that doesn't exist yet, than it is to fight for something that was enjoying life in all it's childish splendor before it died without warning. Fighting for the real children, and the real people, well that would mean really and truly opening our hearts to people. Realizing that if we would never ever want something to happen to our children and our babies, that if something were to take them from us we would die, fall apart and be lost, then why are we allowing that to happen to someone else's babies? Why are we allowing people to feel the worst pain that parents should never have to feel? Why should we allow something so preventable to happen? When we know how it feels or how it would feel to actually loose a child, how can we live knowing we sit back and watch it happen to other people? Other GOOD people.

This fight, pro-life, pro-choice, it's silly. At the end of the day we are both letting parents feel a pain that we ourselves would never want to feel. How as fellow human beings can we let that suffering happen and not say something? We are too distracted. If we eliminate the fear of not being able to care for a child and loosing it, to war, to famine, to disease, to poverty, then we eliminate the need for abortion anyway. Doesn't it then seem like the bigger fight to take? Instead of taking choice away, and instead of taking potential life, we should push for a world where there isn't fear of pregnancy, caring for a child and caring for oneself, and there isn't fear of what the future brings for a baby. We all want to live happy, healthy, fulfilled lives, no matter who you are, why is it we can't see past our own want of that and realize everyone wants that, and everyone can have that, and why shouldn't we all get the same chance at it? We have the ability to do it, so why don't we? Pro-life or pro-choice, we aren't fighting the true fight.

---------------------------------------------------

Okay so there it is. If you bother to read it or not whatever. I don't really care about comments, I just needed to get it off my chest and I felt this would be a better place to do it at. Everyone is too defensive on facebook.

2. It's just a distraction from more pressing issues, so that people can stay out of the government's way when they make decisions on the matter. Let the public fight over social issues, while the gov handles the money. It's like stereotypical mom and dad representations of he 50s..

3. They have us wanting to buy buy buy, we need need need, and I have to have this and that, and now it's all we care about. I fear we don't know how to get out of it. We are so disconnected, in a completely connected world....

4. Welcome to the world.

Now wait and see how people look at you when you say this in real life

5. the only instance where abortion is an option is rape,incest,and risk to life of mother. other than that abortion should not be an option. unless you're going to pay for it 100% and no on tax payer dime. (people like that are out there). what you say about how we shouldnt fight for the "potential" life and we should fight for the "actual" life is kinda slippery dude i mean who are you or anyone for that matter to deny a life its first breath?

yeah all those kids are dying in africa so why not impose mass abortions over there? you know since they are fucked anyways. we should care for all life....no we should care for all life or for none at all. the duality of man never stops to amaze me