Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long-lasting Canna-butter Uses?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by leastunhappy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Good Morning beautiful people!

I've recently made a 500g tub of infused butter, using around 10 grams of hashish. Chopped it all up, together with butter and filtered water in a slow-cooker for 8 hours, and filtered out the hashish, correct me if I'm wrong, but this butter is not yet de-carbed so needs to be incorporated into a recipe which is baked to convert the THC-A to THC.

I've previously made all sorts of edibles, including brownies, cookies and shortbreads, however, I'm unsure as to how long they can last in the fridge, and I've recently had to chuck some cupcakes away because I thought they had gone off due to being in the fridge for over 2 weeks.

My question today, what can I make with my cannabutter that will be the best for long-lasting storage? What is less likely to go off, and easiest to store, perhaps either by freezing or in the cupboard?

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Have a great monday!!

2. You should have decarbed the hash before mixing it with butter.. I might be wrong but I don't think you can now decarb the hash butter lol

It'll still get you high depending what kind of hash you used.. if it was from a pressed block/bar it will already be partly decarbed because of how it's made

3. Thanks for the response! The edibles I made got me super stoned so I guess I did something right, it was from a block so this may be the case also.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thanks for the response! The edibles I made got me super stoned so I

guess I did something right, it was from a block so this may be the case also.

• Winner Winner x 1

5. Hell yeah dude next time decarb your hash & it'll get you 2x as high if not more man :smoking: I've tried both & decarb definitely gets you more ripped + I only had to use half the amount :weed:

6. Sweet thanks!!

7. glad they worked out!!! :)
    how often did you stir during those 8 hours??

and I agree, try decarbing (240°F for 40 minutes) first next time, and post pictures!!

I would suggest chopping up your hash (pretty finely) before the decarb, and decarbing uncovered.

as for your main question— baked goods that I’m needing to store for any extended period of time (more than two weeks) I vacuum seal under light pressure and freeze. I occasionally will freeze medicated loaves or other multi-dose goods even just as I eat them for a few weeks rather than try my luck in the fridge. anything infused, I keep refrigerated.

P.S. I’ve also heard it suggested on here that longer infusions like your 8 hour method can lead to a heavier body stone and more of a sleepy high when the edibles kick in. so you could even play around with shorter infusions if you experienced any of that.

happy baking!!!

——————————
    putting my MBM to work
    What foods have you made?

8. 8 hr cook time may of got the job done but I always decarb to b safe

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. As for your current Hash Butter Brownies will store for months if individually wrapped in plastic wrap and kept in the freezer in a lidded container. Even after they get hard and dry they are edible just place in a dish with milk or cream to soften before eating.

Hash made into canna oil with Coconut oil will last for months at room temps when capsuled.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    What I make my Kief-Hash into.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    More fun stuff.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. T
    You the man!! Thanks for the advice

• Like Like x 1