Long Hair

Discussion in 'General' started by DazedConfused76, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Ok so my hair is short now and I want to grow it out so its long. I also am hoping that I can grow it out so my hair will be straight will growing. ( Not like a white-boy fro that grows out but not down ) ... I want my hair to grow down and straight and long. How long until my hair will be to my shoulders ? And are there any tips to prevent the white-boy fro and have my hair grow straight. And any other tips ?

- ohh and I have seen younger pics of me with medium length hair and its straight so I believe if I grow it out my hair will b straight cus its naturally straight. But I want to do everything to prevent the white-boy fro that grows out instead of down.

2. Took me about a year and a half to get it to my shoulders

3. Same here, pretty much. Had it down to my nipples for awhile.

The first few months kinda suck...its at that weird stage where its too short to tie back, but too long to do anything else with it.

4. yes I know the stage your talking about, how long does this stage last ?

5. man no thanks, my hair is almost permanently buzzed to a 1

6. im growing my hair out too. my hair is curly as fuck >_<. i raelly cant wait until it gets longer because right now the top is flat and the sides poof out, well actually its getting to a point where its not that bad anymore, so thats good. its at the point where it can reach past my ear lobe if i pull it down. and its long enough where i can see it without a mirror

7. any tips for having straighter hair ?

8. that stage lasts a loong fuckin while.. I just keep mine in a single braid.

9. My hair is in a weird phase. I told my family I'm not going to cut it until I graduate college.. Just started second semester. LOL. I haven't had it cut since the end of May. Do you guys blowdry your hair? /asnotgayaspossible

10. In the summer is shud be done with that stage i hope

11. no , sorry dude .. but hey any tips for straighter hair / asnotgayaspossible

12. Well, one thing, I'm asian (south korean), and we tend to have straight hair, but my younger brother had straight hair as a kid and now has pretty curly hair. I have long, straight hair and it took me about a year to get down to my shoulders.

13. all my friends have straight hair. looks like girl hair kinda. they probably use like girl shampoo and conditioner or somthin. i want a scraggly mane :hello:. and im growing the beard too >_>

edit- i think they make chemical hair straighteners

14. one thing I hate about having long hair, is when the roots hurt, because you just gotta deal with it.. they're hurting right now.....

15. the roots hurt? why, does it just randomly happen?

16. yeah it does just randomly happen, Im thinking maybe it's from my hair being tightly braided.

17. I haven't cut my hair in like 2 1/2 years. Long and curly, but I just let it grow naturally and do it's own thing. Wash it when it needs to be washed and do a hot oil treatment now and again. Now some natural dreads are starting and shit, it looks pretty cool.

18. natural dreads huh. i suppose that might happen with me. my hair is thick n curly. i dont think im gonna cut my hair again

19. i don't personally have long hair. But I have heard that the secret is lots of conditioner. I'm no expert, take it for what it's worth

20. Yeah, thick and curly. A couple camping trips where I didn't have anything but lakewater, and those babies knotted up real fast.