Long Distance Relationship - what should i do?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by fuji212, Nov 24, 2011.

1. maybe you can help me GC.

So i've been with my GF for about 1 year and 3 months. about 8 months into our relationship, i left southern California and moved to Seattle. She's visited me in August, and then again in September and we'll be seeing each other again in December during the holidays.

Lately ive been feeling the pain that comes with long distance relationships and its been getting me depressed. I've asked her several times if she thinks she'll be able to move somewhere so we can be together sometime in the near future, but she tells me that its not gonna happen for a long time and when she does, she's going to San Diego for college. i don't think i can wait all that much longer. i've been thinking of just ending it so i can move on, but it's really difficult because i dont want to hurt her and i still care about her.

Should i just bear the pain and hope for the best or should i move on?

Thanks in advance for the feedback
    :smoke:

2. You should speak with your girlfriend and see what her long term plans are.. Maybe you should move back to her, or atleast try to find a job close to her. There's not really much else you can do.. Either move to where she is, or cut her loose.

3. If you truly love her try to work something out. You dont want to leave her if you love her. That could be the biggest mistake you ever make. My girlfriend will be enlisting in the airforce soon so i wont get to see her much. You just need to see what you can do to be with her.

4. If you know you want to end it, you should because the more you stay in a situation you don't want to be in, the more you'll hate it. And it will reflect in your relationship and the way you act towards her. Thats also not fair to her and will probably hurt her in the end. However if you know deep inside that she is the one for you, then it shouldn't be so bad to make a sacrifice to save your relationship, and you guys should definitely talk it south again until you find a solution that works for both of you

5. fuck that shit if it cant work in movies it cant work in real life and they can do alot of crazy shit in movies my friend.

6. [quote name='"itslaudy"']fuck that shit if it cant work in movies it cant work in real life and they can do alot of crazy shit in movies my friend.[/quote]

Worst advice ever.

If you don't wanna lose the girl, don't lose her, but if you think she can be replaced, replace her.

7. well were both pretty young (both just turned 20). were at the point in our lives where we actually start our lives as adults and to find out things on our own. she was the first and so far only girl ive ever slept with. i never really got to live the single life to the fullest. i feel like i have to get it out of my system before i can understand what it really means to "be in love"
    kno what i mean?

8. I'd move on. There are plenty of fishies in the sea

9. get some other females while trying to figure this one out. if you find someone better, let her go.

10. [quote name='"BlackChucks"']get some other females while trying to figure this one out. if you find someone better, let her go.[/quote]

Haha NO

11. Ask your mom the same thing. Really... she'll tell you straight up.

12. I would move on. :(
    She doesn't really seem like she's thinking about her long term plans are with you.
    Plus she's going off to college.. It might be hard to keep a faithful relationship while she's there.
    If you already miss her now, it's just going to get worse if she says it's not going to be anytime soon.
    Plus I'm sure it's very lonely.

13. [quote name='"Booboo1eye"']Ask your mom the same thing. Really... she'll tell you straight up.[/quote]

This.

14. #14 fuji212, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    a very good point. the only thing is that last time i came close to breaking up with her after she screwed things up really bad. she was bawling and telling her little siblings that life's not worth living without me. shes got a lot going on in her life, her mom and dad split up, her dad recently got diagnosed with liver cancer, her moms out of a job and. my gf's gotta worry about supporting her family and college. i feel like if i break up with her, shes gonna do something to hurt herself (shes had a history of cutting herself). which is crazy to think about bc shes the most cheerful person normaly :/

15. Move with her if you are at that level, otherwise, you are going to be jerking off a lot while she is at frat parties getting her pussy damaged.

16. [quote name='"fuji212"']

a very good point. the only thing is that last time i came close to breaking up with her after she screwed things up really bad. she was bawling and telling her little siblings that life's not worth living without me. shes got a lot going on in her life, her mom and dad split up, her dad recently got diagnosed with liver cancer, her moms out of a job and. my gf's gotta worry about supporting her family and college. i feel like if i break up with her, shes gonna do something to hurt herself (shes had a history of cutting herself). which is crazy to think about bc shes the most cheerful person normaly :/[/quote]

Trapped....I feel like this right now too man

17. I recently just got out of a LDR as well. After a while it just seemed to be something that wasn't working. It's hard having 2 lives and trying to hold both of them together. If you are already thinking about breaking up with her you obviously have to think more about that, would you really think that if you didn't want to?

If you are worried about hurting her (which I was as well), think about it this way: the longer you stay with her the more attached she will get and the more it will hurt. You are doing her both a favor by ending it sooner rather than later because you are "saving" her feelings as much as you can. Make sure you go into it believing in it and really stand up for yourself. It will hurt but it will hurt whenever you do it.
    Good luck!

18. You have to compromise in long distance relationships to make them work for the future. If neither of you can come to a conclusion that works for both of you or you both cant hack being away from each other then you should prob go your separate ways..its harsh but worth it for both yall to have more opportunity for the future of happiness

19. Let me start, noone knows ur girl like u period bro. I've been with my girl for 2 yrs I would trust her if she went away untill the first time she gave me a reason to leave. Just gotta focus on ur self and be faithfull do everything u can do, so if doesn't work u can't say u didn't love her to death and didnt try and make it work if she cheats on u she loses a great guy , same thing I tell my gf I don't need a slut I got a great beauitful faithfull girl who let's me smoke all I need lol ull be fine bro goodluck.. no matter what the sun with rise that next morning remeber that.

20. Unless both people are committed, I would say you're screwed.

you guys are young, gonna wanna hit some other chicks, she is going to get a few drinks in her one night and someone will be slapping their ball sack off her ass!

She'll be one of them chicks you see passed out drunk with a load all over her pretty face.

Even married couples with the spouse in the armed forces on deployment are getting cheated on. Many soldiers came home to a pregnant wife.

Think about it, you are young, break it off for now, if it was meant to be, you will find each other.