Long distace?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mendi769, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Ok grasscity, so I have this girl I've been talking to, issue is I go to a college 6 hours away from her. I was just wondering what long distance relationships were like? I have never had a long distance one and just wanted to see if its worth it? Please and thank you for the help.

2. Long distance relationships can be difficult, but they are certainly possible. I am in one right now. My girlfriend already lives about forty-five minutes away from me, and when school starts back up, I will be about 3 hours away from her. For a long distance relationship to be successful, you have to be willing to put in that extra bit of effort, whether it be sending each other letters by mail, texting, calling, etc. Yes, it is going to be pretty difficult at times, but when you are with her, it will make you appreciate the precious time that you have together. Lastly, you have to be honest, open, and trusting. Don't forget to communicate.

I hope all turns out well for you.

3. i'm in one right now too. it can be hard but if you really want it to work, you've got to want it to work. try to see her as often as you can. skype will probably become your best friend for when you cant see her haha. good luck! i hope it all works out for you. :)

4. I won't lie, it's hard. But it's definitely possible if you communicate well and trust each other.

My girlfriend is leaving to go back home to Australia in a couple weeks...I won't get to see her for almost a year. Definitely not looking forward to it.

5. Thanks guys I appreciate the information

6. long-distance relationships can work...

..but not when either of you is in college

7. Break it off. You'll thank me in the long run. Have some crazy good-bye sex though first.