long board vs. regular

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jakobo, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I am debating between either getting a long board or a regular skateboard and want opinions. a regular skateboard would be nice cuz i could learn how to skate better (right now all i know how to do is ollie)..but on the other hand the long board is awesome for cruisin around plus, in my town theres some pretty shitty roads that a long board could handle but they're too tore up for a normal board..so what are your opinons my fellow blades?

2. unless you wanna learn tricks get a long board. love cruising smoking a jay or something on a long board sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

3. Dude longboard all the way! nothing better than getting stoned and cruzing down a huge hill on a longboard! In fact i might go do that now..

4. hahaha that sounds pretty awesome..and the place where i'm gonna be living does have a huge hill right near it haha..hmm..

5. Do it dude! i skate, longboard, snowboard, and freeboard, but id have to say out of all of them weed goes best with longboarding... haha just avoid cars :)

6. ha! funny you should say that cuz the huge hill flows into an intersection..but i think it wouldnt be too much of a problem..now i gotta start savin up for a decent long board..haha no herb money for awhile:cool:..how much should i be expecting to spend?

7. It really depend on how nice of a board you want... You can get complete boards for around 100, probably even cheaper if you look. The real nice ones like Sector 9 or Arbor can go up to $250... I just have a blank board with some nice trucks. Nothing expensive, and it gets the job done nicely! I got mine for like 40 bucks from a friend and it was pretty new wen i got it.

8. u can check this sight out.
    Sector 9

9. i will head on over to that site right now. thanks for the help man:smoke:

10. Anytime.. and thank you for inspiring me to take a long board cruise at midnight. It was quite fun.

11. totally longboard dude. longboarding blazed is one of the funnest things I've ever done.

12. i do both, been skating trick-wise for like 9 years, just picked up longboarding more recently, and it is AWESOME. just love taking lonngg rides on summer nights.. get that joint going too, so good.

13. I cruise the long board and love it... If you are looking at getting something nice check out Loaded Long Boards, they ride better than anything i've ridden. I have a vanguard but the dervish looks like a nice ride as well.

14. i just sold my skateboard and started longboarding more. cruising goes way better when I'm high. especially with my big headphones over my ears.

15. Yeah, Skateboardings fun but buy a longboard first imo

16. sector 9 makes these double/dual axle boards( sidewinders trucks) they turn SOOOO tight, ride so smooth, like honey.... get one.

but also try a board wth a kicktail, vs one without
    i've had my sector 9 since 2002, still in great condition, i love it

17. you can cruise on a normal board. I do it all the time, and plus you can do tricks while cruising. bomb a hill smoke a jay then ollie up the curb and tre bomb a 7 set. Works just like that.:cool:

18. Ive got a skateboard that I like to cruise with, but I really want to get into longboards now :D

19. ahh i was away from the city for a bit sorry haha..anyways, i'm hoping to be able to get a longboard sometime soon (saving up) right now i'm borrowing my friends normal board to skate around on and have been working on the basics (ollie, ollie 180, ollie-ing on to and over stuff) it's awesome so far:hello:

been at it for a little less than a week and i've already scraped up my knee a bit..didnt quite stick an ollie 180 off this curb..and have also had the cops called on me hahaha:smoke:

20. #20 Spindles, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    regular board, hook-ups deck 1990's? i think
    but just wanted to pitch in, Riviera make good long boards,
    Riviera Longboards:)