Loner

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Green Plant, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Ive basically been a loner since i was about 14 and i still am. i have tryed to change it but i just stay the same. whenver im around large groups i get really shy and quiet and i fell like when i talk its always somthing stupid. i dont know what i should do.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

2. Join a group or club at your school. You're gonna have to overcome your shyness sometime, its easier to try it around people you share interests with.

3. I've always been bad at conversation. Even if you feel like you might be talking about something stupid or boring give it a shot, maybe someone in the room will relate and find it interesting. It's better than not talking to anyone at all.

People also may think you're rude or just uninterested in them if you aren't joining in on any conversations so I think it's better to just give it a shot. Good luck.

4. i know how you feel. ive always preferred to be by myself or with a select few people but ove the last year ir two ive met some really down to earth people and now i almost hate when im alone or am not around them.

5. yea mang

6. i'm like that too. like if I have a girlfriend i'd be happy just hanging out wither her and maybe hanging out with some friends couple times a year.....

friends are nice though. friends can last a lifetime and good friends will be there to support you in hard times which everyone needs. that's why humans are social. we need others to support us.

so having friends definately has its benefits.

7. dude im exactly the same as u man dont worry bout it.but it is lonely sometimes:(

8. I picked up a book called "Confident Conversation: How to communicate successfully in any situation" by Mike Bechtle.
    Its pretty straight forward and obvious, but there are some things that remind you on what to do, what to ask, how to ask it, how to act, and how to use stress for your benefit.. Its a pretty short read too so its not too bad.. and only 10 bucks.
    I could quote some things for you in some pm's if you wanted.
    Also.. I recently came across this, and i recommend reading it.

http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/Downloads/The Book of Pook.pdf

Talks a lot about women. I found it helpful.

Just accept being you man, I also struggle with shyness and social awkwardness, but i think it all falls back on accepting yourself and loving who you are. Everyone is weird in their own way, and i think this quote sums it up pretty well..
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    - Dr. Seuss

Hope this helps man, best of luck.