LoneONE's Jack Herer Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LoneONE, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Well after many many years away from Grasscity Forums, I'm back again! I have recently set up a 32" x 32" x 63" grow space at my place of residence. I will be growing under the freedom of a ACMPR paper however I've taken great length to ensure the privacy of my space. I will use this space to track my process through my grow as well as to learn through community input and involvement. I welcome all suggestions and would love to have you All along for the ride!

2. Grow Location Information:

32" x 32" x 63" Grow Tent
    300w LED Light
    4" Carbon scrub on a 150cfm inline vented to the outside
    9"x19" seedling underlay warm pad
    Clip on stationary fan
    Foam underlay on tent

Strain Information:
    Crop Kings: Jack Herer (Sativa Dominate Auto Fem / Auto Flower)
    Number of Seeds Germinated: 5

Growing Medium:
    Custom Mix of Dutch Treat starter blend, SeaSoil, Pro-Mix organic with myco and perlite

Attached Files:

3. Week One
    Germinated seeds in wet paper towel method, had 100% germination within 48hr. Planted in Rockwool cubes until 1" sprout and then transplanted into growing medium. Small seedlings appear to be doing well, first set of true leaves are reaching up towards the light, which is hung at 24" above the pots. Currently in 1 gallon hard sided plastic pots in a try with a heat pad underneath.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Week 2 Update!

Well some noticeable growth from my (hopefully) ladies. I had one stunt so I pulled it from the tent. Focusing on these 4 right now. I've noticed one has some discolouration/leave curling and maybe someone can chime in and let me know what's going on with it or if I should be concerned. I'm doing lots of reading and researching but I know this is a great community with a lot of experience so I'm open to any and all advice! And of course, stay happy everyone

Attached Files:

5. When you water try not to get the water on the leaves I noticed that on my last grow it was kinda burning my leaves from the intense LED.

Sent from Juicy J

• Like Like x 1
  6. The one with the discoloration it should be ok. Give it some time and the new leaves should come in normal again.
    Really nice setup

7. Thank you both for the replies! I appreciate the info, I was doing some spraying of the foliage with pH adjusted water as my humidity runs low however I've laid up on it for the past few days because I was wondering myself if the little droplets may intact be acting as a magnify glass on the leaves lol. Growth appears to be consistent and progressive now. I've noticed a very faint smell only within the tent when I'm observing upclose that puts a smile on my face. Hard to believe they can already be producing a dank smell at this size haha attached are some pictures today, pre-three week mark but they are looking great!

Thanks for the compliment on my setup, it's been a labour of love thus far. I'm debating adding a small humidifier to my tent. Is this a worthwhile addition at this point? I'll obviously loose a bit of floor space however I live in a dry and cold climate where natural humidity is low and it's not tough to keep my numbers above 30% (should be a plus at keeping moisture low when the time comes lol)

All new growth appears to be lush and green :) stay happy all!

Attached Files:

8. Week 3 photo updates! (Couple days early lol)

Growth is progressive and lush! Starting to smell my ladies within the tent, however my exhaust is well scrubbed and smells clean. Outside the tent, no trace of smell, hopefully that continues haha. Also starting to see the female sex signs from the plants. auto fems are legit! All in all I'm starting to feel happy with my progress. Watered last night with 1/4 strength veg nutes in highly aerated pH adjusted water and they look lush this morning. I also added a small humifier in the tent, the humidity gain has been fairly marginal however I'm not noticing any aggressive dry out of the soil so I think they are tolerating it well. Sitting around the 40% mark now. How high do you guys run yours? Temp stays pretty consistent as I'm running my lights 24/7

Attached Files:

9. Week 4 Update

Well this week (yesterday) I did a transplant. Roots looked very dense. I went from a 1 gallon, to a 3 gallon, which I think will be the maximum I will go for this grow due to size constraints of the tent. I was amazed at how thick the the main stem is on them. They get a lot of air movement from the clip on fan. Growth is getting very dense. They are pretty squat right now but dense. I fed with half strength veg nutes with cal-mag and some seaweed kelp in pH adjusted water today to help with the transplant, however today, one day afterwards There is no signs of shock. I gave them 10 hours of black out last night, and back to 24/7 today. Stay happy everyone!

Attached Files:

10. Everything is looking great! Couple photo updates. This really is a fun process. I look forward to my garden time every day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Another update! Today I had my second set of Led lights show up. Now I am running 2 x 300 watts. Wow! It's definitely brighter in the tent. Let's see how my ladies respond to it! Growth has been awesome so far, however I felt like I might have been slightly underpowered for flowering so hopefully that's solved now. I experienced no transplant shock from the 3G move, and growth has been good since! Here are some updated pictures.

Attached Files:

12. Wow! These four happy ladies are really starting to fill out! I had my exhaust line come off my fan and the humidity in my tent jumped to about 70%. I caught it fairly quick and got it back connected. The smell..wow! Pungent would be an understatement haha. The canopy is full and thick and I'm glad that my little mistake didn't have negative effects. Here are some photo updates of my ladies! Doubling the LEDs have made a substainally difference in the thickness of the canopy. Plants are currently about 20 inches in height, with the lights hung at approx 18" above the canopy.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thank you! They really are coming along nicely. Nothing really major to report other then they have grown a couple inches taller and have basically filled the tent from corner to corner. Lots of what looks like potential bud sites showing up as well, no bud formation yet. Here are some photos as of today. Stay happy everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 LoneONE, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Today I added a second clip on fan. I noticed I wasn't having as much canopy movement so now that's a thing of the past. Lots of leaf movement now! Couple more photos to add to the journal. Everything is looking great, I can't wait till the auto genetics really kick in and I can see some heavy bud growth. More hairs are popping through! And those main stems are super thick! Shifted into bloom nutrients today as well. The grow is very fragrant in the tent, and in the room when I'm working on it. I've done some mild defoliage around the base of the plants to help with the air flow as well. I'm not noticing any deficiencies at this point, all new growth is lush and green. Hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm off to smoke a fat one!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey everyone! Little photo update. Everything is going fantastic with my grow. I'm starting to run into my first "problem", which is lack of space lol. I have almost maxed out the the distance my light can be from the Canopy. The canopy is dense, very dense. Also.. the best part! I'm starting to get bud growth! It's just started appearing a couple days ago, the white hairs have been plentiful, however it's an awesome feeling as this is my first time dealing with auto flowering genetics and I had my doubts that they truly kick over under 24 hour lighting, however it's been a good experience! Stay happy everyone

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Buds are popping out all over the place! Plants are over 36" tall at this point, I only have maybe 8" of clearance from the lights. I'm going to have to rig them directly the the tent frame with zip ties shortly lol hopefully the stretch slows down.

Attached Files:

17. Well hello grass city! Not much to update except time keeps ticking by and my ladies are getting bigger and bigger. Almost 4 feet tall now. Here's some bud pictures as they are starting to get more! I had my birthday a couple days ago and it seems like my plants are providing my with presents Stay happy everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Some frosty pictures! Buds are coming in nicely, a couple plants look to be a tiny bit more mature then the other two but I’m sure they will catch up. I’m learning lots and already have some revision plans for the next grow. I’m going to attempt to squeeze another 300watt LED into the next one (on order), as well as adding trellis nets to control the heights. All in all it’s been a great learning experience, they smell great and can’t wait for the final results. Stay happy everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Third light arrived! I got it installed, the coverage is a lot better between the three, however my next attempt will be with trellis netting for sure. I had to rework my ventilation, I needed the space at the top of my tent for the extra light, and in doing so, I had about a 30 min period with it off. No negative pressure. My house absolutely wreaked like fresh weed. I’ve got the ventilation back going and the smell neutralized but unbelievable how well keeping the tent under negative pressure contains the smell. I also adjusted my ventilation line to the exterior with insulated line. The noise difference is dramatic, anyone considering this change should do so without hesitation. I know it’s only been a couple days but it’s tough for me to do a journal entry without pictures! Stay happy everyone and Merry Christmas to all!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1