lonely plants ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazingnfl, Apr 13, 2009.

1. i want to start growing in hydro soon, n i wondering how long can u leave ur plants unattended once everything is stable wit ur plants. cuz im sure yall go 2 work or once n a while go out and stay da nite out somewhere.

2. yo im serious everybody seem like they be watching they plants 24/7. i dont want to go to work 8 hrs n come home n have dead plants .

3. I see my plants about once a day but without any type of failures I guess I can go a weekish without checking up on them. You being hydro may have a different story you have more to watch.

4. thanks i want to grow the hydro way i jus never seen anybody ask this question. i been reading on this site for a couple of months and not knowing somebody that actually grow lookin everybody grow log like they take no breaks .

5. Yes, I have a timer valve like that. I have used it a couple of times when I was away for a week. Not my ideal choice by any means, but Mrs. C had a sad on if I didn´t go.
    Only problem is I was feeding my girls chlorinated tap water - not a good idea. With no nutes for that week. Again, not a good idea. I wouldn´t like to leave my grow ´unattended for weeks´, Azureblue. Very much a VERY temporary solution only.

6. What do you want? Good crop of MJ or a summer vacation? They are mutually exclusive. Basically, if you want to grow MJ take WINTER breaks.

7. That can help you while you are away from a soil grow but not for hydro.

You don't have to check your plants every hour on the hour. A hydro grow will need more attention because you have to keep the nutes and pH in a tighter range -- in general soil grows are more forgiving. But checking it once a day should be fine, and if the op is dialed in you could go longer than that.

Most growers "touch" their grow op frequently because they like to, not because they have to.

8. If you want to feed your soil grow mains, ie chlorinated, water.

I have done it, but wouldn´t want to do it for long.

But I just said that already.

9. Does that system hook up to a faucet or to a reservoir (or is that your option)?

10. my fault didnt know more people was helping me. i just was askin 4 like if i was at work or left 4 the weekend. yall cleared up everything i guess i was a lil scared b4 i started. thanks 4 making me a future grower out me

11. No I totally agree with you. I would not want to leave my grow unattended for weeks either.

I was simply saying that in an extreme situation you could actually leave your grow unattended for weeks if you had an automatic watering system.

I check on my plants every day :smoke: