Loneliness?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by RubyMini, Nov 7, 2011.

1. As a guy i have told people before that i would never cheat, ever, but recently i question whether or not this is true. Now, i'm not saying that i have a girl lined up and am considering it, because i'm not.

I was talking with my friends girlfriend the other day and she was going on and on about how loneliness makes people do stupid things.

Right now i am in a long distance relationship and it is rather tough. i dont have a vehicle and cannot make the trip down to the hometown very often. I get hella lonely. I feel like that if we lived in the same town, my girlfriend and i could be very good together but we don't and i see this as a rather large obstacle to our relationship. I sometimes contemplate what it would be like to end our relationship because we could both, in theory, be happier if we saw people that lived in the same town as us.

My girlfriend is extremely beautiful and sometimes she bothers me by the conversations that she has with other men. You see, she cheated on her ex boyfriend with me and i fear that i may be prone to the same fate. It is just like, i get lonely and think about other women and because of this, and the things she tells me, i feel that she might get lonely and think about other men.

It's not like i am totally dissatisfied with our relationship it is just that i am not fully stoked on it either.

Have any of you other blades been through a long distance relationship through til the end and had the chance to rethink about the thing as a whole? Are any of ya'll in one right now with similar issues?

2. I'm going to be honest - I only read the last like 5-6 sentences, btu to be honest; yes, I hacve been through that many times. It sucks.

3. I have just been feeling rather melancholy about the entire thing....

She also sent me a text last night that said i guy from work was flirting with her and after awhile she told him that she had a boyfriend. he then replied "well who is he?" and idk what she told him to that but in a quasi joking manner she told me to fight for her... to which i said, "or what? you will cheat on me and i will have to break up with you? i dont think so." she got pissed and i got insecure.... i asked my roommate and he said that kind of thing would infuriate him. i was high as hell and it didnt make me mad,,, just made me think.

is she in the wrong or is it no big deal because she was just joking?

4. Long distance relationships almost never work man, and if she's cheated before she'll probably do it again. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt and hang her up to dry. Find women you can see on consistent basis that are close.

The circumstances of your walks of life has made it clear you cant sustain this with her, especially when it's taking a toll of your stress level, and psychological health making you feel lonely.

5. true, it is just the fact that she dumped her old boyfriend for me and i would feel guilty if i broke up with her. that is not the only reason why i stay with her either. she shows me so much love and affection when we are together but when we are apart it just seems like it's not there...

6. once a cheat always a cheat...Long distance can be hard I've done it once before and it didn't last. If the relationship is worth saving you might want to talk to her. There are definitely was around the sex, depending on what you guys are up for. Good way to start might be by skype. IDK just my opinion.

7. You could consider an open relationship.