Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lollipops?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by oceano, Jul 15, 2011.

1. My friend called me and said he had a surprise for me, and then told me he got me 2 weed lollipops!

I was just wondering if those get you pretty blazed? As much as a regular edible?

2. I heard they're worse (worse meaning better) so yeah go for it

3. how were they?

4. hey brotha I too got one the other day. I'm gonna eat it tomorrow, I'll let you know how it is after I indulge!!

5. #7 Rotties4Ever, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011

regards to your "candy recipe" am i to undestand its just sugar water and oil?

sounds a bit sketchy, i fail to see how it can become a lollipop from oil water and sugar..
    you make it sound like it can be made in a half a minute

how do "shape" it, if its just water oil and sugar? im beyond confused by this

edit- never mind you stated basically the ingredients on top of hard candy recipe, would have been nice if you just did the whole thing, but ya still helpful

6. You've got to click the link for the full recipe, kiddo ;) Candy making is pretty simple. :)

7. Well, I'm not in the habit of posting full recipes in others threads, just photos, a link to the recipe (since some don't care to read it) and a little advice to give the right idea. But here ya go...

And btw, it is in fact a traditional -full- candy recipe.. I prefer not to use corn syrup if that's what you meant, because it's unnecessary, and we get more than enough in our diet elsewhere.

8. so in essence you are saying just sugar water and butter? really?

and calling someone else kiddo based on nothing but an internet post online is pretty lame to do grandma,
    this kiddo has a 9 inch kiddo of his own

9. I didn't mean it as an insult to be honest, but your mood and the tone of your request for help honestly did leave a little to be desired. ;) You get more flies with honey, than vinegar. :)

10. some interpret online "tones" differently then others :rolleyes: and i am not into flies
    but i love honey, honey

11. All I offered to begin with was a link to a full recipe, and a few photos. I was greeted with the words "sketchy" and an assumption that the information I gave in the link was somehow incomplete (which isn't the case). Nine out of ten people would have (and usually do) asked with relief, "Wow, I don't have the time to research it for myself right now, but is that really all it takes?", or another equally polite form of, "Really?". Others, in their confusion, feel they are entitled to say a bit more.

If you wanted to know how candy was made, you could have googled it. Besides flavoring, corn syrup is the only ingredient commonly used these days in home candy making, that I don't use, because it's not necessary. It can 'help prevent grainy crystallization', and the same can be done with simple syrup, golden syrup, barely syrup etc., but none of those are necessary for a smooth hard candy, and they won't guarantee you against crystallization if you get sloppy.

Yes, that's all hard candy was to begin with in most shops and in most any granny's kitchen; a hardening form of sugar, heated with water to get it started, and a flavor to finish. Oil isn't even necessary or recommended, except in those recipes which call for it specifically (butter for butterscotch and peanut brittle, different oils for others), but we use oil, as means of making the cannabinoids in glandular material bioavailable.

I wasn't holding out on you, candy making is just that easy. :)

All the chemicals, and complicated sounding components you read on your candy wrappers these days, are fairly new additions. Preservatives, homogenizing agents added to stabilize the preservatives etc.

I was being kind before, when I said your tone was all you needed to work on when requesting help, whether from those more experienced than you or not. Don't hide behind interpretation of tone, when you didn't even like the word 'kiddo'.
    I said it with a nice tone, after all. ;)

The phrase 'to get more flies with honey than vinegar', in this case, means that you will get better information, and more polite responses with less nagging, if you do so nicely, rather than accusatorily, as though your misunderstanding of the information somehow makes that information incorrect.

You're right, tone can certainly be interpreted differently, and you may wish to watch yours if being referred to kindly as 'kiddo' somehow offends you. If a person is that quick to offend, he shouldn't speak to others in any way, that he would not like to be spoken to.

And it did upset you, or you wouldn't have snapped back with 'lame' and 'grandma'.

In a polite society, it was pretty lame the way you approached me for help, and you should have been expecting an equally lame response, instead of a generally polite one. Judging by your reply, maybe you were expecting it, and you were well aware that you were being a bit off-putting.

You can't act snidely towards others when asking for help, and then be miffed by a simple term of endearment. That's suggesting that, while you don't feel you should treat people with respect, even those you're asking for their time and explanation when you could easily type a few keys and look it up yourself, it's suggesting that in spite of the way you treat people, you think they should treat you better. It's a bit hypocritical.

If you want respect, you need to be willing to treat others with respect as well, and 'sketchy 9 inches' aside, this 'grandma' is used to being spoken to a bit more kindly, herself. ;)

12. #14 Rotties4Ever, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im speechless,,,, somehow you failed to grasp my simple point I was trying to make
    when you say "snapped back" again that is not a fact of nature that is you interpreting my statement, in very similar manner how you just interpreted "snapping back", a different person, as in a person who follows different thought pattern then your own, might view it differently..
    I really couldnt care less how your "used" to be spoken to
    I am not "used" to being called a kid, by a grandma online HOWS THAT for snapping

edit- ps you could have saved us both a shit load of time and just giving me a yes or a no, with a SINGLE sentence explaining why thats it!

A less experienced person calls your formula sketchy on an online forum cause that person might not know much on the topic offends you ...that speaks volumes on your intelligence capabilities, to some more then others...

13. #15 Rotties4Ever, Jul 19, 2011
    here is my quote for help:
    "regards to your "candy recipe" am i to undestand its just sugar water and oil?

sounds a bit sketchy, i fail to see how it can become a lollipop from oil water and sugar..
    you make it sound like it can be made in a half a minute

how do "shape" it, if its just water oil and sugar? im beyond confused by this

edit- never mind you stated basically the ingredients on top of hard candy recipe, would have been nice if you just did the whole thing, but ya still helpful \t\t"

someone has a giant dildo up their ass that's all i gotta say

edit- again my point, its how people interpret a message, you might say I got a problem asking for help, but at the same time I can say you got a problem answering simple questions.

14. If you are too delicate to even handle the term 'kiddo', and you need to be spoken to with a certain degree of gentleness otherwise you get your panties in a twist, then you also need to treat people with more respect than you do on a regular basis here. It's a double standard otherwise, period.

I'm still waiting for an apology. :)

15. #17 Rotties4Ever, Jul 19, 2011
    ^This. :wave: :hello: :hello: :D
    hahaha aww the irony...did you read my 2nd post just now lol I would love for you to logically address it...hahahaha omg Im laughing so hard now

i love how you edited all the logic completely out of my 2nd post ,,,LOVE IT...again
    speaks volumes

16. As far as character goes, you only dug yourself deeper with that last comment. It doesn't matter if this is 'just a forum', you can hold a conversation without being disrespectful.

As for editing, I'm right here, watching you do it:

And all I did was edit it down to a display of your character... you can't handle the term kiddo, yet you throw around words like 'sketchy', and 'dildo', and talk about how many inches your kiddo is, as though it's somehow relevant.

Someone has quite a lot of growing up to do. :)

17. nice dodge, you are a dodge master.

18. #20 Rotties4Ever, Jul 19, 2011
    You say it doesnt matter that its just a forum, I say it does, who is right?
    who is wrong? Apples and oranges. You can spend your whole time debating pointless arguments, or you can watch "Thank You for Smoking" and maybe learn a thing or two.

edit-

[​IMG]

edit 2

[​IMG]