Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lollipops

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by rowdyt89, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Hello, :wave:

I have been looking around for a long time for a legit lollipop recipe, and I have found quite a few. Has anyone ever used coconut oil instead of butter or alcohol to make these? I was going to place 7g's and about half an ounce of stems in a crock pot with coconut oil for about 2.5 hours on high and make some oil. I'm not looking for anything too strong, but just some advice. I have made plenty of suckers before (without any thc) but was wondering if the coconut oil would be a good idea.

Thanks! :)

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012

It's how we make ours :)

Alcohol and glycerin based tinctures should not be used for hard canna candies; in the case of alcohol you're evaporating
    and losing your 'edible solvent', and the oil, alcohol and glycerin are responsible for facilitating absorption; meaning
    you're diminishing the amount of active material your body can absorb in any given period of time (that's tons of wasted potency)!
    Glycerin attracts and absorbs 20% its weight in atmospheric moisture, leaving you with sticky, dissolving candies in a matter
    of days, or even hours depending on the humidity.. in some cases, the candies never even have the opportunity to set up.

These tinctures can be used for gummy candies, as the gelatin/agar holds moisture, but even with gummies
    you will still have the most success with oil. :)

You can get away with 2 Tbsp of oil (usually more, but that's a decent/safe cut-off :) ) per each cup of sugar, without effecting
    the taste or the consistency !:hello:

----

Here you go, a simple hard candy tutorial (also lets you know when it's safe to add your oil!)....

UV GLOWING Hash or Canna Candies

[​IMG]

And the oil recipes;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable and made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe,
    oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

And, in case you need it...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you add your oil at the correct time, you're able to both heat your sugar high enough, that it becomes hard enough to shatter
    once cooled, and you can avoid degrading and separating your canna oil! :hello:

[​IMG]

Here's the sugar heating up, all on its own;

[​IMG]

And after adding the canna oil, just before the final 'swirl' and pour...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They taste just like regular fruity lollipops that you may buy at the fair or a country store (many of which do have an oil
    content!).... they will never taste like caramels, unless you intentionally caramelize your sugar beforehand and add milk, or butter
    with milk solids! The color comes from your canna/hash oil :hello:

Just be sure you make a few practice batches first, using the same oil source you used with your canna, before experimenting with
    your precious canna oil! Get used to the motions you need when stirring, and when you need to make them, first.

Once you have a successful batch of canna-free candy, and you're confidant with your process, then move on to using your canna oil!

A cup or two of sugar, and a few spoons of oil and water are cheap, but your canna oil may not be so affordable! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyhow, good luck, and have fun! [​IMG]

3. Thank you so much! That was the most helpful post I've EVER seen! :hello:

So the crock pot method should work just fine? How long should I let everything cool down before I pour them into the molds! I am so excited to try this! 2.5 hours with the 7 g's and half ounce of stems should work. Not looking for anything crazy. Again, I really, really appreciate it.

4. Would high end dank work, as well as be cost effective?

5. These knocked me into next week, can't believe this thread isn't stickied

Bump :hello:

6. The CannaPharm where the above came from, has been stickied for about two years now. :)

7. Awesome, love this thread :) and badkittysmiles Rules!!

Sent from my HTC One S using GC Forum