Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount

Lollipopping?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MajorToker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. I somewhat understand the concept but i assume this is a major stressor especially because i assume it needs to be done within the first week of 12/12 when your plant is already like WTF??? Is this technique about opinion because i know everyone does not do it. Ehh hell with it. Maybe a good time.tograb some clones up. Also i will defoliate a little right when changing but to bring up more bud sites. Another thing im wondering is should i trim? I like having plenty of sunleaves for the self ingestion stage near the end of flower and i cant keep humidityup to save my life. Opinions and even trolling is welcome.

A little past week 2 of first pistil.
    [​IMG]

2. if I were to lollipop these I would have done it weeks ago

even if its to ensure the viability of the clones

I'm against any defoliation

good luck

• Like Like x 3
  3. So do you lollipop a week before 12/12?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I second this..

I'll sometimes remove the lowest node or two, but never fan leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Imo if you was to do that (I do it when I scrog), best to remove before the flip and then after the growth. There are many who scream "DONT DO IT!" There are many who enjoy it. If you have some strong HPS you really don't need to (Less thats your thing). It's something you can experiment with. But I wouldn't do it now.

You have some nice ladies there. Maybe try to keep their leaves the best you can but tie them down to open up space. Allows for more light and air to get through.Any that you can't tie back but are blocking bud sites I would remove(Again lots of others who wouldn't)

6. I often FIM/top on the 2nd lateral

maybe 3 weeks into veg

good luck

7. this chef butt and very good

8. Fan leaves blocking bud sites aren't a bad thing, the leaf transfers energy to the site....Apparently I'm one of those people that wouldn't recommend it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cool techniques. Awesome video.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Sickomindo, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    I'm dealing with the results right now of defoliation and it's funny how strong both sides are I'm pretty much down the middle on it and I can see both points of view I think both sides are correct I also think it's strain relevant but more importantly than that where you clip and how many in a short period of time I think for me, I did too much in one day. Just like all these things there are variables as to why some defoliation forpeople were epic fails versus others who have hard facts to back up what they say.

This was a few weeks ago before picture. Remember though there is five girls here total.

[​IMG]

This was right after.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holy fuck is right. Ouch.

This is today starting sixth week of flowering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoops sorry I don't know how that got there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  11. I lollipop in week 3 of flower

12. I never defloiate from the top. I'm too paranoid that will slow bud growth. I just get the bottom water leaves and sucker branches. I may start defloiating from the bottom when its gets close to harvest.

13. My eyes!! my fucking eyes!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. I Always lollipop now after doing side by sides for about whole year..

The lollipop plants were easier to trim, I kept ever bud bc was big enough even lower... And made more buds that were thicker....

And it needs to be done the week before up until the week after flower.... Good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lmao

What a life. Almost looked normal back then before the diagnosis of paranoia/skitzo.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Defoliation is a personnel thing

I favor Clarke and avoid for his very same reason

17. Who's this guy haha

18. That hair is awesome

19. Doesn't seem to have turned out bad in the long run

20. Part of it is because I think on my first run I was a little spoiled DWC. Overall it seems like they have stunted too much. I just think I took a little too much off into short of period. Colas don't seem nearly as big. Still have a couple more weeks though we'll see.

This is today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1