Lollipop

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dubs_okaygo, Sep 16, 2017.

1. How long before flowering should this be done? I know you want to take off about 1/3 of the bottom/top of the plant . I want to start flower in 2 weeks due to height issues. Can I lollipop tomorrow and that give her enough time before flower to recover ? She isn't very big, so I won't be taking very much off .

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm just gonna take off the lower fan leaves that aren't tied down, and some of the bushy new growth in the middle. I'm trying to open light to that newer growth on the bottom that could turn into a few more main colas, and tie down the higher 2 to be more even with the rest

3. #3 Fataqui, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Everyone has there own way of doing things, this my way.

Let the plant grow...

1. when the plant has (5) main nodes, cut off the developing (6th) node to top her.
    2. when the main (4th) node branches node up, cut off the developing (2nd) node to top those (4th) node branches...
    3. at day 30, from the bottom of the plant cut off the (1st) node branches from the main stem.
    4. also also cut off the (1st) node on the main node (2, 3) branches
    5. after that, anytime a branch develops a node, remove (1) fan leaf right below the developing node, stagger those removals.
    6. also when a a branch begins internoding, remove every other fan leaf at each internode.
    ^ example, leave the first fan leaf on the first internode, next internode, cut the fan leaf off, next internode, leave the fan leaf, next internode, cut the fan leaf off, etc, etc...
    7. (4th) week of flowering, stop removing fan leaves, period!

If you do that, your plant will grow up evenly, always allowing for each new top she develops to give you another amazing top, and your light will always be able to penetrate the plants canopy.

Notes....

For (1) above, you can top the (5th) nodes again and again if you are growing a photo, but if you are growing an auto, only top the (5th) node that has been previously topped (1) more time.

4. What kind of light you got?

5. #7 dubs_okaygo, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    I run a 450w meizhi
    Its 200 true watts. When I switch to flower though I'm gonna throw 2 40w cfls in as well

6. Ah yeah, I think that will do well for you. I just have "300" watt one and it has done surprisingly well, with some afternoon's outside in the sun to supplement, just a small 24w side light.

The LED's work, but they do not penetrate well. This means for lollipopping you want to basically remove any growth shoots that won't reach the canopy, and train everything else flat one way or another.

I take off all of the small side branches that won't make it up to the top canopy in stretch. Anything that you aren't sure about, you can also leave and see how they do in stretch, you can take them off later too. I usually do a second round post stretch once you have a good idea of what is going to be in the light and what is going to be larf.

I personally don't take off any fan leaves (other than what is on the side branches I cut off completely). The plant will drop anything that isn't getting enough light to be useful, so I just let the plant decide what to keep and what isnt worth it. Growth nodes though, I'll take off everything that isn't going to stretch up into the top layer. Some people will take off upper fan leaves to let more light "down", but I think the LED actually drops off so fast its best to keep as much upper foliage as possible and just move things around with training to fit as many tops into that top layer as you can.

• Like Like x 1