Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lollipop help?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ZombieKiller79, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Ok guys, I have been combing websites and forums for a while now(so please don't think I just didn't want to look through threads) and I see many different ways of making marijuana lollipops. I am looking for people that have personally made and tried them. What I need from all of you is (if possible) what is the best recipe and/or method? I am trying to go for an ultimate lollipop recipe here lol.
    Also while there is a good bit of info out there, there doesn't seem to be one place where there is clear info on dosage/serving size and recipe yield. I want to try making some myself and I don't have a lot of money to throw around on experimenting.
    If anyone has any experience and can give me some help it would be most appreciated. :D

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011

Your personal dose is going to rely on: how much you normally smoke, how decent the canna/material is you're working with, and how well you plan on processing your oil.

The better the oil, the less you'll need to use. The more corners you cut when making your oil, the more you'll need to multiply the dose required, to achieve the desired effect. :)

The reason you won't find many recipes giving you concrete dosage guidelines.. is because there aren't any. It's up to you! The same recipe can produce pops that destroy people of average tolerance, but barely effect someone who smokes very regularly. With a quality oil, you should need the equivalent of about the same or less than you would normally smoke per edible dose, to achieve a more powerful effect.

Once you're ready to make your edibles, try not to use more than 2 - 3 Tbsp of canna oil, per each cup of sugar, especially if you are new to working with candy... and again, if you are new to making candy, use at least a few teaspoons (or the suggested amount) of either corn syrup or invert sugar, or any syrup containing crystallization-interrupting chains of glucose.

The early addition of glucose will make your candy much more forgiving, it allows your candy stay liquid-solid much more easily once you reach higher temps, rather than falling apart into a brittle, melty, crystalline mess.
    I normally avoid as much corn syrup as possible, without the tonic water I don't use any at all from the beginning, and rely on slowly heating my sugar (reducing and stabilizing the heat for a few moments around 235 - 238 f) to form the glucose I need. If you're in a rush and don't like corn syrup, barley and rice syrups can also be used.

If you want it concentrated, and you have a high tolerance but want a single lollipop to knock you on your bum (and a single pop to overwhelm or 'green out' those with average tolerance), then you will want to work with hash or a concentrate when making your oil, rather than ground flowers.
    You can perform multiple runs using bud, working fresh green through the resulting oil from previous runs, concentrating that oil further with each run, but rather than making more work for yourself while risking potential degradation of potency this way, hash is a much more ideal alternative.

Then follow your favorite hard candy, glass candy, or caramel recipe. Just add your oil -towards the end-, once the candy has been removed from heat, stirring only very little after doing so. You can now pour your hard candy into lightly greased hard candy molds, or onto either greased foil or powder-sugar dusted wax paper, on a heat-safe surface.
    If you wish, you may also wait for your candy to cool to about 120 - 140 f (or whenever it is just barely cool enough, that you can stand to touch it.. be very careful), and form shapes with your silicon-gloved or bare hands.

Otherwise, in forty minutes to an hour, you should be able to remove your candy from the molds to wrap, then store in a cool dry pantry. If making glass candy, just shatter it once it hardens and weigh out individual doses before wrapping. You can dust the pieces with powdered sugar if you like, to prevent them from sticking to each other. :)

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

The above link also contains a simple recipe (on the first page) for hard candy....

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard enough to shatter for 'glass candy'... the 'S', rectangles and squares were formed by hand while still warm and soft, but now, they are hard enough to shatter and break when chewed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's good for other things, too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit - One final note... this is the best time of year (for many of us) to make candy :) It is usually cool and dry, for many people this time of year. When your temps are too high, and the RH/humidity of the room is over 60%, it is much more difficult for your candy to set-up properly.

Hope this helps!

:)

3. Thank you so much for your help. I feel extra dumb asking these questions because I am a pastry chef and have worked with sugar, just never adding oil to it so I wasn't sure about that part of it. I think I'm just going to have to try a batch and see what the resulting potency is. Thanks again, you rock!

4. #4 ZombieKiller79, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    Wow I completely forgot to ask, is there an oil to flower ratio? And do you use just one type of oil or a blend? What are the drawbacks of using an alcohol tincture? And (hopefully) lastly, how much bud do you use and how much oil does that make? I ask because unfortunately I only have access to getting 1/8oz at a time and if I went by the rule (saw it somewhere) of 3g per oz of oil I would only get like 2TB of oil. Sorry for all the questions, but thank you muchly for the help:)

5. im very intersted in making candys aswell. i have hash, a cup of cannabutter, an ounce of dank and 30 ML of tincture plus 7 os of trim, which should i use to make the candy? thanks in advance

6. and where did you get the candy molds? how much were they? etc thanks again, god bless

7. Its my favorite and i dnt knw where to get candy

8. You can find molds on ebay or amazon for pretty cheap but make sure they are hard candy molds or they will melt.