Lol whut

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TheCanadian, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Oh if someone just handed me a Warhol of any kind I would take it in a heartbeat. Then I would sell it lol I would never in a million years pay for a Warhol. Unless it was a multimillion dollar piece, and the price was so low I would be set for life. One of those sittuations. You know, the ones that never happen haha That's why I say I would never buy any of his work.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I took the time to look up slum gold because of this post.... Those shits are fucken ugly can you believe this ugly shit is 1000 dollas?! That shit better come wit some sucky sucky. I agree with op ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392135290.018183.jpg

3. Again dude if you don't think its worth the money... just don't buy it! Its not like anyone is making you buy it. Judging by your username your from harlem... you should support your local NYC artists like Slum!

But the slum gold x ski mask spray can rigs are siiiiiiick. And slum's 40oz mini tubes are sick too. I have the "olde slum gold" one that's looks like the olde english label... I love it. I would like to get the "slum 45" one too if I can find it.

4. I agree with ya on that one man lol I think his spray cans are quite nice. They have a couple in that style at my LHS I've always been a big fan of graffiti, and I feel that glass blowing and underground art go hand in hand. It skews the line of conventional art form. I hope that one day both styles get the respect they deserve. Sure glass art is gettting popular, and so is graffiti, but I wonder if there will ever be an antiques roadshow 2075 that will have our children/ childrens children bringing in some of grandma and grandpas old oil rigs/ underground art hahahaha Man that would be hilarious! Yeah that's right, I name dropped ARS lmfao!

5. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [quote name="glass666shogun" post="19503919" timestamp="1392142449"]Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote

7. ^ goddamn it...

8. You know... I think they're ugly as well. I've never hit one, but know 2 people that own them. They swear by them, love them. These are guys with really, really nice collections (obviously, if they're going to spend that much money on something most of us find unattractive). Function-wise they're supposed to be nice.

But yeah, I'd rather spend my $$$ somewhere else. To each his own.

9. Hell ya man thats how I look at it too. Like graffiti and glass pipe making are this generations of canvas painting and vase glass blowing! And a lot of people would like to see graffiti and glass pipe making to be respected like all the other great art.

And i knew when i buy really heady and one off made pieces I know I'm buying something that I can pass on to my kid. No one is going to want to pass down a production piece bc everyone already has one and anyone can get one. They aren't special. But sayin 20yrs the mobius if still around bc everyone bought one now and they are all giving them to their kids. But if I had this jag x mobius and passed it down to him he would have a mbious jist like everyone else but his is a jag collab that no one can ever get again!

I mean that's just an example but I do actually collect my pieces with the though that one day I can pass this one bc its rare and like passing on a rare coin. I would never pass down a mobius tho... my kid will get my AK, my elbo, my coyle, my snodgras, etc. All pieces that no one else will have in 20 years..

10. #50 glass666shogun, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Yeah underground art is definitely our generations form of preferred expression I believe. Look at both mediums 20 years ago, HELL even 10 years ago. It was not considered art. Graffiti was vandalism, and in many areas still is. And glass art was attacked back in the mid 2000's by the Feds in Op. Pipe dream. So both art forms have made a lot of advances.

I have a lot of prodo shit as it stands lol but, I will eventually add some more heady stuff to my collection. I would have had three SALT slides to give to my son one day except I have shit fucking luck! One is still fixable, so I would like to get that repaired eventually. But hell, I have another 17 years before I hand anything over to my son hahaha! Plenty of time to collect.

But yeah man I definitely see glass art being very collectable one day. I mean it already is, but not to the degree that "art" is. I wanna live to see the day where a heady first gen from a stellar artist fetches over $100,000! That's the dream...

11. Sometimes if they stop making a prodo piece, it's worth having.  OG straight sov pillars with inv-4, especially the hollowfoot, nobody back then thought that these would command a near 2k price tag now.

With worked pieces I think it depends.  Yeah I could get a colored bubbler and since it's handmade there technically isn't another like it but that doesn't mean it's worth much.  I kind of make 3 categories, prodo, heady, and what I call worked prodo.  Those worked pillars or the simple toros with a cap.... worked prodo, not heady to me.  Heady IMO, the artist has the intention of creating something, worked prodo is about minimal effor to gain maximal price tag IMO.  It's nice that these are around if you like certain color schemes, and sometimes they are priced appropriately but more often than not, I see people just throw on some color and mark up the price without caring about it.

That's the diff in my opinion with those guys who spend months planning a piece and bringing it to conception and then bringing it to reality.  They had a plan to make something they dreamed up, or they wanted to technically challenge themselves it wasn't...well, if I add this wigwag to this section I can charge X amount more.

12. I would just like to say this is one of the finest debates I have seen on GC. Everyone is very informed and have some good points and all while staying mature. Can't stand seeing threads where people insult each other simply because they don't agree on something.

13. No one ever got anywhere being immature. I mean its just more fun when ppl are mature and actually prove points instead of calling each other names lol.

What is your point of view on the subject if I may ask?

14. I agree with you. Personally I'm not a big fan of jag, slum gold, or zach p. Also I would never pay the price they are going for but I respect them for their work and I'm sure somebody else thinks it's worth the price. If they do than great! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They are pretty unique and I think it's cool they are doing their own thing rather than copying another artist but it's not my style.

15. Exactly man. I wish other ppl would chime in with their opinions (respectfully). I personally love slum gold, he's from nyc and I'm from nj, I'm really trying to find his olde english 40oz minitube. They are pretty hard to find tho. A smoke shop down the shore just hit me up on IG and said they got it! It would go perfect with my zach p toilet bowl dome. I just orded the matching toilet bowl flower slide to match. They look awsome all claimed up lol like a truck stop bathroom hahaha. Where u from btw?

16. Nice! The toilets are my favorite thing from Zach P. I agree the claimed up ones look sick and the plunger dabber is a nice touch. The olde english 40oz tubes from slum gold are also cool. Seem pretty damn unique. I'm from Southern California.

17. Well man that's what happens when adults/ mature people decide to have a conversation, and or, debate. You raise a valid point, coupled with a solid opinion, and respectfully respond in kind, to others. What's the point of getting into paragraph long arguments, that only results in name calling? I can do that with a ten year old all day lmao No what I mean? This is just one of those sittuations where intelligent, well informed people came to state an opinion, and backed said opinions with facts, to create an awesome thread for discussion. I do appreciate the kind words. I love the fact that, mogwi411, akaBEARcat, and others (including) myself could engage with one another in appropriate debate. I hope that others can stumble upon this thread, and get involved! The OP has started an amazing thread.

18. #58 glass666shogun, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    I would like to apologize for saying I wouldn't buy a zach p piece, because when you, and GonG were talking about zach p stuff, you reminded me I have infact purchased a zack p dabber! lmao Completely forgot I picked one up for my friends birthday last year. He's a big fan of zack p. So I figured I would get him that until he can afford to buy a dome, or something from ZP. As for the ZP toilet bowls (no pun intended)/ domes I do like those. A little over priced, but I've seen knockoffs, and they bloooooooow... But the ZP colab toilet domes are fucking awesome! Still super pricey though haha may have a pic of one. For those who have not seen one. A colab toilet that is...

Edit: Had a sick zach p toilet dome colab pic, but I can't find it.

19. #59 glass666shogun, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Speaking of "prodo" pieces that may one day demand a higher value. I stumbled across this, and thought it would be right up your alley! This blew my mind...

Attached Files:

20. That's a beautiful egg man, price on these things are out of control though.  I saw someone paid 8+ for a small blue str8 fab.  And 1.2k for a worked bucket.  1.2 k for a BUCKET.  They have pics of all their worked stuff on their facebook page.  A lot of really cool custom color pulls.  But like I said, even for just a slyme version of their egg or klein is 5+k.  At that price I could get something like this:

[​IMG]
    ETR shrink perc recycler, I think these are like 3-4k....I'd get this and a matching nano shrink for 5k:

[​IMG]