lol. "Hydro-weed" bust in northampton

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FknRockN, Jun 20, 2009.

1. NORTHAMPTON - Shortly after police seized the car he was riding in along with about $1 million in cash in secret compartments, Mathieu Nantais put his head in his hands.

"We are so stupid!" Nantais said, according to a police report.

Nantais and driver Michael Masse, both 22 years old, were stopped by state police shortly before noon on Wednesday after an alert went out from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency to be on the lookout for a silver Ford pickup truck with Vermont plates believed to be transporting a type of marijuana called "hydro-weed."

State Trooper Matthew Donah, who was on a paid traffic detail on Interstate-91, spotted the vehicle and took off in pursuit.

A convoy of police cruisers stopped the truck on the highway in Northampton a few minutes later. Masse, who is from Fairfield, Vt., told police he has a Canadian driver's license but did not have it on him. By the time a K-9 unit arrived with a drug-sniffing dog, Nantais was "nervous, shaking and sweating," according to the police report.

"I should have just stayed home," he told police. "How much money is in the truck?"

Police found out when they towed the vehicle to the Northampton barracks. After discovering two loose wires, they applied a 12-volt charge and a secret compartment rolled out with bundles of cash. Police estimate the amount at between $500,000 and $1 million, profits, they say, from an international marijuana trafficking operation between Canada and the U.S.

^^ lol the funny part is i kno mike masse and he HAD some bomb shit!

2. u knew that guy? I don't know how i would feel if my dealer got arrested and i was reading about it on the internet.:confused_2:

3. well he's really my dealers dealer i met him once when i was waiting for my dealer to re-up.

4. Shoulda rigged that compartment with blasting caps and C4. Brought this war on drugs up a notch;) Though I dont think 12 volts is enough to set off a blasting cap. I could be wrong though.

5. a very small jolt is enough to set off a blasting cap. I might wire my grow room with homemade C4 so if the popo get a bit curious

6. damn so basically
    you or your boy has to find a new hook up:p

7. Yea, lol.

8. If you wire your grow spot with C4 or whatever and kills someone. Thats murder and they will go out of their way to hunt you down and put you in jail forever. Don't do it.

9. I was neither suggesting or condoning the use of homemade C4 as a defense against the police. Just a idea

10. nice save^! :bongin:

11. This guy knows his law, lol.

12. Why hide that much cash in a car? That seems like just asking to get caught.

13. northampton.....massachusetts right??

14. yeah man

15. kinda funny they estimate the cash to between 500k and 1mill... you know... give or take a few hundred thousand

fuckin cops

16. he wouldve been paying taxes on that million dollars if it was legal.
    poor cunt.

17. Am I on drugs or is that the stupidest advice?:rolleyes:

18. damn that sucks...

another 2 lives ruined

and... small world eh OP?

19. seems like they can't decide how much they wanna pocket for themselves.

20. it was 1.2 mil and it's locked in a holding cell. wonder who's the snitch gonna walk thanks to this guy