Logo ban on cigarette packs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vague, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ciggs should be banned and be done with it!

2. Cig smokers defending the companies thats wants your last dollar to your dying breath and your child's too. Lmao SMH...

I truly wonder how many people who actually work for this tobacco companies even smoke cigs themselfs. Probably less than 10%.

3. #43 iDontSmokeBlunt, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    This is the issue...

Your post is a very weak attempt at a straw man. I'm defending any business's right to do to market however they please, not just tobacco companies.

If you have nothing to say besides baseless assumptions and fallacies, please realize that no one is going to take you seriously.

Yes, let's restrict individual freedoms even more just because you don't like cigarettes. Yay for democracy!

You do realize that the same logic your using was the same logic used for the prohibition of marijuana.. right?
    I'm glad you openly post your belief that the government should have the right to tell people which plants they can smoke, it allows logical posters to discern between troll posts and serious posts.

4. #44 kush70, Aug 23, 2012
    so because i believe tobacco should be banned because it KILLS unlike marijuana I am not a logical poster and am a troll with a non serious post?

try again.....thats pretty fucking idiotic

The whole idea that the founding fathers taught is LIMITED gov't involvement

not no involvement at all...

like it or not

5. If you read any of my earlier posts, you would see that i'm not arguing whether cigarettes are good for you or not, in fact I don't think anyone in this thread is, except for you.

That's whats called a straw man (read: Straw Man).

You believe that your opinion should be forced upon others against their will? <-- Please respond to this question directly in your next post.

6. excuse me? I don't think so.......................

next...........

7. #47 iDontSmokeBlunt, Aug 23, 2012
    Still trolling I see.

Tell me, should alcohol also be banned? That certainly kills.

Your opinion is that tobacco should be banned because it's harmful. Therefore, you believe that others should be held as criminals in the event that they decide to use tobacco. (just as people who use marijuana currently are regarded as criminals)

AKA - You think your opinion should be forced on others against their will.

8. LOL wow its amazing how quick some are to call others trolls when they don't like their opinion

Pretty sad.....

9. This is the last time I'm going to respond to you.

Since you seem to like the word 'opinion' so much, I'll put it in those terms.

Why don't you respect the opinion of a cigarette smoker? I'm sure the average cigarette smoker has the opinion that tobacco shouldn't be banned.

10. Please explain more about the toxic substances companies should be allowed to put into everything then shoved in our faces because they have the money too. :cool:

11. I should not have the right to decide for myself what substances I consume? Do I not possess ownership of my body?

12. You should be allowed to do whatever you want with your private property, as long as it isn't affecting someone elses life, liberty, or property. If you don't want the product that they are 'putting toxic substances into', then don't buy it, it's that simple. Others may desire to use this product, and you have no right to tell people what they can or can't do with their own money and to their own body.

I don't understand how it's being 'shoved in our faces', anymore then ANYTHING sold in stores is being 'shoved in our faces'.

Alcohol is a toxic substance, would you agree with putting pictures of diseased livers on every six pack of beer?

13. What you are saying is you want the companies to have freedom to put whatever they want in their products and on their labels. That is not a good thing, at all.

Yes, I do want that. Yes I do drink, no I would not care, it would actually educate people who think alcohol wont kill your liver and kidneys.

14. #54 Sunshine86, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    If they're unwilling to educate themselves about the risks associated with certain behaviors than they deserve what ever happens. Others' ignorance isn't my problem.

15. This thread is so full of fail.

What if people don't want to be healthy? Should we ban unhealthy foods? Fast food? Alcohol?

Let's just fucking nerf the whole damn world.

16. If you truly believe that, then there is nothing more I can say to you. A very backwards belief indeed..

It isn't the business's obligation to educate their customers. They are simply offering a product, if a person chooses to buy it then the consequences of the purchase are for the buyer, and the buyer alone, to bear.

These..

17. To the people advocating this, would you be ok with the government putting all alcohol in labeless black bottles? Of course not that's fucking stupid. How about every fast food place has to remove all logos from their stores and bags? Candy bars and chips would need to remove labels too since obesity kills so many people. It's the same thing.

18. This logo ban is going way too far.I would be really pissed if this happened here in America because Tobacco or not they are interfering with how a company packages there product.They already put the warning labels on it.I guess we might as well put obese kids on Hershey's chocolate bars and ban Burger King from putting their logo on their hamburger wrappers but put disgusting ruined hearts and other organs.

19. Pretty funny that some people think this is a good thing