Logo ban on cigarette packs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vague, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Good luck to the cashiers finding the right packs with no labels... lololol

2. I don't smoke anymore (ciggs) but if I did still I wouldn't care, id keep smoking

3. I nvr understood why they wanted to put Legos on the cigarette packs anyway, jus kept hearing lego this lego that, cigarette yadayada. Allz I know is im glad they did'nt put some stoopid little kid lego on my cigarette packs! wtf, a condom maybe but legos...

4. People are influenced...they just don't say hey one day im going to be a smoker. They try it out get addicted and its gross. Maybe you should just keep your habit lowkey and leave the logos out of it.

Why? they're still making money. Still killing people, were just trying to squeeze them out like theyre tryna squeeze your bank.

5. It doesn't say no labeling...just no logos.

6. Honestly don't care. Fuck tobacco companies. Anyone dumb enough to smoke cigs deserves to see the likely outcome of their habit. If there was one redeemable quality to cigs I'd retract my statement, but alas...

7. I agree cigs suck, but some people seriously do like them even knowing the risks. It's unfair to them...not everyone wants or needs to be healthy.

Don't hate on all tobacco though...ever smoke a tobacco pipe with high quality baccy? It can be fucking pleasant.

Even rolling your own cigs with good baccy is pretty satisfying...

8. Yeah, people who like things you don't like obviously deserve cancer.

9. #29 bongtokes6200, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    yo good for them. they're going about it the right way. not taking it away from the people taking away the "cool". and i think it awesome that they put pictures of what it does to you on every pack. US needs to hop on this bandwagon.

edit: lol at the people crying cause their grits won't be pretty anymore. its the same shit just in bland packaging get over it.

10. Why does it not surprise me that you're from cali lol

11. [quote name='"gedio"']

Yeah, people who like things you don't like obviously deserve cancer.[/quote]

thats not at all what he was saying. how bout you actually read the post.

12. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Why does it not surprise me that you're from cali lol[/quote]

idk, you tell me??

13. Because Cali is filled the the brim with freedom restricting libs who want to ban or regulate everything in site, unless it fits their narrative of "personal freedom".

---------------------------

"Label GMOs, they're bad for you!...Put cancer riddled lungs on cigarettes, they're bad for you!"

"Legalize weed! It's my personal freedom to smoke whatever I please!"

:rolleyes:

14. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Because Cali is filled the the brim with freedom restricting libs who want to ban or regulate everything in site, unless it fits their narrative of "personal freedom".

---------------------------

"Label GMOs, they're bad for you!...Put cancer riddled lungs on cigarettes, they're bad for you!"

"Legalize weed! It's my personal freedom to smoke whatever I please!"

:rolleyes:[/quote]

lol what are you even talking about??? i never once said they should be banned. hell i said it was good that they weren't taking it away from the people, but spreading more awareness and making it less of a "cool thing to do". learn to read before throwin around bullshit like that.
    and if weed did that shit to you i would want pictures on baggies too but guess what it doesn't so its completely irrelevant to even bring that up.

15. #35 Thunder Struck, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Huh?

If you jump off of the golden gate bridge you deserve to die.

If you spend all of your money and go in debt you deserve to be homeless.

You deserve the outcomes of your actions, period. Welcome to reality, would you like another dose of fantasy to go back to the land of Oz?

16. So, what part of your first sentence in quotation is stopping someone from smoking cigs and interfering with their freedom? :confused_2:

17. #37 budsmokn420, Aug 23, 2012
    It's the principle of the matter.

You're picking winners and losers in the market place...there is simply no need for this type of thing and someone how knows its bad for you and DOES NOT CARE IT'S BAD FOR THEM does not need to see graphic images everytime they pick up a pack of cigs. Period.

This isn't going to somehow educate people further about how bad cigarettes are for you...

Also, whether you like it or not, businesses deserve the freedom to label their own products as they please. Since when is acceptable to say that in America, the government should be making marketing decisions for businesses?

18. Which means it only matters to you because you are somehow offended by it. :cool:

19. #39 iDontSmokeBlunt, Aug 23, 2012
    No one gives a shit about the looks.

If you knew anything about government regulation and why it violates private property rights, you'd understand this.

Use your brain, it's a waste of everyones time to respond to these simple-minded posts.

You would like to know how it interferes with freedom? The tobacco company purchases the material used to make the packs. The tobacco company purchases the ink used for the designs on the packs. Now the GOVERNMENT is forcing the tobacco company to alter the TOBACCO COMPANY'S private property.

There you go. I broke it down for you. I hope you can understand this, because it seems like you may have trouble understanding most things.

20. Companies don't have freedom. Last I checked they had to abide by the laws set by the government. :cool: (unless they own the government :devious: )